Monday, March 07, 2005

Hairy is the New Shaved:

I dear and loving wife told me not long ago the purple was the new black, well dear reader you heard it here first, hairy is the new shaved....

HOLLYWOOD
beauty Penelope Cruz has found the perfect celebrity disguise - stop shaving your legs and nobody even looks at you! Tom Cruise's stunning ex sprouted hair all over her body for her latest role as a poverty-stricken nurse. And as well as saving time, she bought herself some privacy.

capitane_corelli2

Penelope, 30, said: 'I wouldn't shave my armpits and I wouldn't shave my legs.
'I wanted to see how people would look at me. 'Nobody recognised me. They were avoiding looking at me because they were embarrassed for me.

dre

'I liked that experience.'

Penelope relived her hairy moments in an interview with US magazine Jane. Her new film, Spanish language production Don't Move, is out in the States this month. Forgetting to shave doesn't seem to have done the sultry Spaniard any harm. Her career continues to go from strength to strength,and new man Matthew McConaughey has helped her put her split from Cruise behind her.

drews_pits

And in any case, she is far from the first A-list celeb to leave her razor behind. Pretty Woman star Julia Roberts is famous, or notorious, for airing her hairy armpits at the premiere of Notting Hill. Julia copped plenty of catty comments but she had the last laugh when she was offered $1million to advertise deodorant.

Gossips claimed Emma Thompson's armpit hair had to be airbrushed out of film The Winter Guest after the distributors complained. Tennis ace Steffi Graf worked up a sweat on court with no sign of a razor finish. And it was a case of The Growth is Out There for X Files star Gillian Anderson when she waved at an awards bash and displayed the fuzz under her arms.

sadique1

Research has shown that women who don't shave their armpits are viewed as aggressive and antisocial.

(My kinda Girrrl!)

JQP esq.