Friday, March 04, 2005

Pink Floyd Man or Myth? You decide:

Quote for the Day:
You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait. Do not even wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.
Franz Kafka Austrian (Czechoslovakian-born) author (1883 - 1924)

Re-runs and Pop-Corn:
Ok, last night I was a good boy and stayed in. Giving my central nervous system and my wallet a break. The sweet and loving Mrs. JQP however spent a large part of her evening on a river boat steaming down the mighty Mississippi in the company of Brooks and Dunn and Ronnie Millsap (sp?, I don’t know any of them). She seemed to be enjoying herself in the 14 phone calls she made to me the last of which was around 15 minutes ago. Much like the Energizer Bunny, the girl keeps going and going. She is planning a triumphant return to this great city sometime in the early hours of Saturday. At last my life will return back to its normal levels of chaos.

I plan today to cut out of work early and get some shit done that I have been putting off and then finding some Lent friendly place to eat a bit o’ fish. I am Mr. Excitement hey what? In the mean time I have to jet of to the northern end of this state this morning and then be back here for a meeting around noonish. All in all a normal day at the slaughter house. Sadly, I will not be able to hear the president today at South Bend talk about how he is planning to rape the Social Security System.

Your Bill for the Day:
"Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't."
--From Hamlet (II, ii, 206)

Thought for your Weekend:
People who have what they want are fond of telling people who haven't what they want that they really don't want it.
Ogden Nash US humorist & poet (1902 - 1971)

Champagne wishes and Caviar Dreams, little ones! I remain:

JQP esq.