Thursday, March 03, 2005

It un-folds, like a worm, with an un-blinking eye:

“I will share an art-destruction story of my own.” I happened just this morning.
She stood close to me in the elevator a whispered “In case you were wondering, VIP stands for "Very Idiotic Penis." I looked her in the eye, I could smell the cheap perfume and bourbon sweating out of her “"There has to be some standard of decency," I said. Thankfully the doors opened and as I stepped into my lobby, she shouted hey John! “Here’s a close-up shot of a dandelion.” "I think my point is; if you are a good artist, just admit that you are better than the rest of us." Yes, she was no flower, she was just another weed.


Waiting in the lobby for me was a middle aged man, in an exited voice he said; “I am a right-leaning Republican, an ordained Lutheran minister, a husband and father.” Then in a passionate voice more suited to bus station rest room he started with “In the Bush administration's bluntest description of human rights transgressions by the American-supported government, the report said the Iraqis "generally respected human rights, but serious problems remained" “Americans say President Bush does not share the priorities of most of the country on either domestic or foreign issues.” “It upset me, and made me angry.” I knew if others heard him speaking like that he would most likely be charged “If that happens and he is found guilty, he will face a long prison sentence or even, possibly, the death penalty.” Thank God my receptionist distracted him with the comment that “Amazingly enough, the Cubs found somebody to take Sammy Sosa off our hands, though it didn’t come cheap.”

(More from my experiment of stealing one line from the blogs on BE)

All in life is an exercise in creative fiction; I remain,

JQP