Thursday, April 06, 2006

It a No-Love-Thursday:

Thought for the Day:
Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.
Norman Mailer

Rev Moon
(I would like to dedicate today to one of my favorite Republican Party contributors; this one’s for you, Rev. Moon.)

NLT:
Dear reader we are in the count-down phase until my triumphant return, roses thrown at my feet, my head dressed in laurels, anointed in fermented hops and distilled grains, by President-Elect Tiny, long may he rein.

Yes, this spring the formidable drinking club that set forth to define both rudeness and alcohol induced intellectual conversation, will once again take its rightful place within the pantheon of abuse of self and others, all for the glory.

On Immigration:
If the political grandstanding doesn’t scream of overt racism on one side and pandering to the fastest growing minority on the other (all within the same party, the republican party) I don’t know what does. I don’t hear a lot of people saying, “those damn Mexicans stole my great dishwashing job” or "damn, I wish I could get a job cleaning pools”.

How do you fix the problem, easy, make Mexico a better place to live. NAFTA screwed the American worker, North and South. How about the “they don’t speak English argument”, well, I agree with some parts of that, I think we should give them every opportunity to learn.

However, I would like to remind my local readers, that this fare city had three German language newspapers, and one of the most powerful banks in the state that conducted its business in German with only German immigrants, this was the case until 1918, when they changed their name to Lincoln and then moved into insurance.

My own Parrish, was built three blocks away from another, complete with school and convent, the reason for the closeness, the Germans didn’t want to go to church with the Irish. How soon we forget we are a nation of immigrants. No amount of revision history can change that.

On Work:
Meeting all day and well into the night. A long day of planning and trying to play catch-up with in the ranks. Such is my fast paced lifestyle. I do it all for America.

Today’s Bill:
"O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!"
From Hamlet (I, v, 106)

Quote of the Day:
Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
Orson Welles

I remain the smiling Buddha of your nagging doubt:

JQP esq.