Friday, March 31, 2006

I like the word Toils:

Thought for the Day:
It is not the rich man you should properly call happy, but him who knows how to use with wisdom the blessings of the gods, to endure hard poverty, and who fears dishonor worse than death, and is not afraid to die for cherished friends or fatherland.
Horace, Odes

Hazzard_Cast
(On behalf of the cast of Dukes of Hazard, I would like to wish you a wonderful fun filled weekend of having sex with your cousins and jumping cars.)

Now Everyone Join Hands:
I had an administrative team building meeting. Yes, it was right up there with having someone rub ground glass into my eye sockets.

The big event was when we formed a circle and tossed a Nurf balls at each other, I was told I didn’t play nice, since I blooded the nose of a old lady who works here (shes just a big pussy, you know like, damn, shake it off).

Pastor Bob, in his ass kissing way after the event said “What if they were eggs and not Nurf balls?” and then followed up with “or what if they were children?”. My suggestion was that I would have hard-boiled their little asses (no mess and easy clean-up, see I am a thinker). I was told that I am not an effective team player.

I would how many of them would survive in combat.

A man for our times:
Man, I am in the wrong line of work. I should be one of those snake-oil salesmen who talk companies into hiring them to “help team flow through observed facilitation and modeled interaction”. See, I can talk a line of bull shit just like the rest of them. Just think of it. JQP as a motivational speaker.

This Weekend:
I have nothing going on, other than helping a friend Saturday, who is running for sheriff in our kindly burg. It always pays to get in good with Johnny Law, or in this case Jenny Law. How more wholesome is that, working in the American political process to enact change for the betterment of us all. I am sure I will find something to get myself into trouble with, to help fill the other hours of my well earned respite from my labors.

tray guy

Your Drinks for the Weekend, retreads:

The Sky-Captain Special
Pour liquor into mixing glass Stir & Stain into an Up's Glass
Ingredients:
1/2 oz. Southern Comfort
1/2 oz. Amaretto
1/2 oz. Midori
Splash of Cranberry Juice
Splash of 7-up
Dash of Grenadine
Garnish with Orange Wedge

The Nolff Shark Fucker
Pour liquor into mixing glass Stir & Stain into an Up's Glass
Ingredients:
3/4 oz. Malibu Rum
3/4 oz. Midori
1 oz. Pineapple Juice
After these ingredients are in the up's glass
Pour 1/2 oz. Blackberry Brandy (float to Bottom)
Pour a float of Jagermeister on top

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 72
O, lest the world should task you to recite
What merit lived in me, that you should love
After my death, dear love, forget me quite,
For you in me can nothing worthy prove;
Unless you would devise some virtuous lie,
To do more for me than mine own desert,
And hang more praise upon deceased I
Than niggard truth would willingly impart:
O, lest your true love may seem false in this,
That you for love speak well of me untrue,
My name be buried where my body is,
And live no more to shame nor me nor you.
For I am shamed by that which I bring forth,
And so should you, to love things nothing worth.

Quote of the Day:
Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change.
Malcolm X, Malcolm X Speaks, 1965

I remain, like the bitter tears in the eyes of you self-esteem:

JQP