Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hang down your head:

Thought for the Day:
One should absorb the colour of life, but one should never remember its details. Details are always vulgar. Oscar Wilde, "The Picture of Dorian Gray"

wang hotel
(I love traveling to exotic lands, like Ohio)

The shame of it all:
I failed. Yes, failed. I went out and got myself drunk last night. I look at it as the actions of a desperate man. My second choice was running away and joining the merchant marine or perhaps becoming a carnie. This however doesn’t mean I am off the wagon. I am still going to be the Lent observant JQP you all know and love.

I would like to give thanks to my flower for showing up and driving me home, the Bitter Redheaded Lady and her husband the follower of Kabala for subsidizing the event, and M. Chamberlain Newspaper Man, for the lively conversation esp. the stats on work place violence.

Things of Note this morning:

I am the key note speaker at a Union meeting, I am really looking forward to that.

I have a headache; it has Excedrin written all over it.

I can’t tie my tie today.

I zipped my bag up in my pants yesterday. It hurt, a lot.

The hounds fart a lot.

My loving a petite wife, blames her farts on the dogs.

I don’t fart.

I got hit on yesterday by a girl from Bulgaria.

My kind and forgiving bride is territorial, to the point of pissing on my shoes.

The girl who hit on me did not have hairy arm pits, so I blew her off.

My wife doesn’t have hairy arm pits; I have learned to over look that.

John B. is a puss for quitting his blog.

Everyone moved up a spot in my daily read, due to that fact.

I upset my flower this morning by blaring classic Tom Petty at 4:00AM.

My loves idea of kinky sex games is to dress like a Mexican wrestler (complete with mask) and kick my ass.

I am going skydiving next weekend, for free, as long as I help a friend teach a class.

The only thing worse than my typing is my spelling.

If it wasn’t for spell checker, I would be working at the County Co-Op Hog-Market, just like my high school guidance counselor said.

I call my employees by their last names only, when, I can remember their names. I am tender like that.

I bought a seersucker suit online, I am if nothing else dapper.

It will go well with my white bucks.

M. Chamberlain wears his with a bow tie and sling back heals.

I am going to join the Knights of Columbus; I want the sword, cape and funny hat.

Masons eat babies.

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 28
How can I then return in happy plight,
That am debarr'd the benefit of rest?
When day's oppression is not eased by night,
But day by night, and night by day, oppress'd?
And each, though enemies to either's reign,
Do in consent shake hands to torture me;
The one by toil, the other to complain
How far I toil, still farther off from thee.
I tell the day, to please them thou art bright
And dost him grace when clouds do blot the heaven:
So flatter I the swart-complexion'd night,
When sparkling stars twire not thou gild'st the even.
But day doth daily draw my sorrows longer
And night doth nightly make grief's strength seem stronger

Quote of the Day:
In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination. Mark Twain

I remain, stomping on the butterfly that is your soul:

JQP esq.