Monday, March 27, 2006

Like Ivory Soap, I am so pure I float:

Thought for the Day:
The Argument from Intimidation is a confession of intellectual impotence.
Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness, 1964

dog_new
(I would like to dedicate today to my new role model, an ideal of manhood for a post apocalyptic world, “yeah bitch I am coming to get ya…you cant hide from the Dogg”)

The Weekend in Review:
I taught all day Saturday. Coming home late in the afternoon to a wonderful meal of diet foods (my loving wife went on a diet for Lent, which makes me pretty much on a diet to). After which it was a chic-flick marathon.

Why, would I put up with such behavior you ask? It’s easy I got laid, not once but numerous times, hell we almost missed early Mass on Sunday. See, that’s, how you win by being one step ahead of them. Plus, I read a book on the dirty laundry of the JFK administration; damn…him and Bill Clinton are my favorite two presidents.

canoe_kayak_img

OnTest Driving a New Hobby:
Sunday my pettie little flower and I went kayaking. To cold you ask? Tell it to an Eskimo. Since this fare city sits at the convergence of 3 rivers and since I am not drinking (still) I had to find something for shits and giggles.

A few things that I learned:

A two person kayak is a recipe for a divorce. (If you find yourself in one trade out ASAP)

Our rivers are gross as fuck.

If you sink borrowed kayak, no amount of “dude, your not going to believe this” works.

While shooting a dam might sound like a fun idea but it’s always best to check for log jams at the bottom first.

You don’t ever want to hear “dude, your bleeding really bad” or “Man, is the a turd on your life-jacket?”

It’s really hard to pull a sunken kayak out of the water.

The ER Dept. at our local welfare hospital knows me by first name.

I am still right in saying helmets are for pussy’s.

It is easier to explain actions with the line “I was drunk” sadly, I could not in good faith say that.

I find “I was trying to save that kitten” works better esp. among women.

I am sure I swallowed enough raw sewage and pesticides to kill me in 18 months.

Blood stains in truck upholstery are hard to get out but they do add that special touch.

Chicks dig scars.

The cool thing is that everyone said they have never seen anything like that before. I like to think of myself as the BASE jumper of kayaks. Next week I might just go with my first idea, sticking up local convenience stores but, then again my Hindi is not that good. I might end up pissing them off by asking for a steak or something.

All, in all I had a good time and isn’t that what’s really important? In case you’re wondering, my wife is really proud. Plus, I have now met my deductible for the year!

fast food

On Today:
I am taking my antibiotics and pain pills and trying not to breath. Plus I have both a rash and a headache. I have a lunch appointment at a Korean joint down by the interstate, (perhaps after lunch I might get my nails done with a happy finsh) after which I am doing a training for members of the law enforcement community in a distant burg.

I hope they can deal with Kim Chee breath, ‘cause I love me some Kim Chee, it goes well with puppy.

Your Bill for the Day:
"Let every eye negotiate for itself
And trust no agent; for beauty is a witch
Against whose charms faith melteth in blood."
--From Much Ado About Nothing (II, i, 178-180)

Quote of the Day:
With reasonable men I will reason; with humane men I will plea; but to tyrants I will give no quarter, nor waste arguments where they will certainly be lost.
William Lloyd Garrison

I remain, circumspect but yet un-circumcised:

JQP esq.