Monday, April 03, 2006

He has the stone cold heart of a killer with speed of a humming bird:

Thought of the Day:
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

moon pub
(Please find enclosed a complementary fruit basket, courtesy of the management and staff here at PTOPM )

A very brief Weekend in Review (edited):
I didn’t do much, nope, not really anything of note. Friday, I fixed shrimp, which my flower and I enjoyed in front of the TV while watching several new releases. After which we reenacted our favorite parts of Rocky 1 & 2, in the nude, covered in butter flavored Crisco. Which, in retrospect, we found it is very difficult to get out of crushed velvet leopard print sheets.

Saturday, I woke early as is my custom, and went shopping at 5:30am, dropping 250.00 on canned food and distilled water, for the bunker. My restocking of the bunker complete, I went off to big box home improvement stores pricing roofing materials. Those of you avid readers might recall that my garage has a man sized hole in the roof that pretty much corresponds to my size & diameter. This hole as been evident since last fall, has as my lack of ready cash and skills in roofing repair.

I returned to the loving embrace of my bride around 9:30am, interrupting her cleaning. There are times to interrupt her, when she in her cleaning mode is not one of them. With military precision she was working like a Asian war-bride, oh perhaps more accurately like a long term resident of Paris Island, SC.

I being a smart man took a stack of well read books to trade in at the best bookstore in the Midwest. Turning in 20 and leaving with 35, and being charged only 10.00, which I promptly put on an IOU. At some point I will share my reading list with you all, but time and space prohibit it at this time.

Upon, my return, I realized that I had overlooked my willingness to help with the campaign of a fellow worker for truth, justice and the American way. I trust they were able to soldier on with out me. At 4:00 I loaded my love up and we went south, to enjoy the company of my extended family, in what turned out to be a most enjoyable evening at my little brothers home on the banks of the Wabash.

We rounded out the evening with a family sing along around a bonfire, teaching the children songs of the Irish revolution and The Internationale (yes, we really did). The kids loved it, we even sang a rare happy Irish song in which only 3 people died.

We returned to the manor house around 11:00, remembering that Indiana has now joined the rest of the human race by setting our clocks forward. Even with this step we both over slept through early Mass Sunday and had to go to the second English Mass of the day. Which I found rather unmemorable, but then again you get out of it what you bring into it.

After that I fixed a noon meal of apple glazed pork chops with candied onions and fresh vegetables. Washed down with some love (time and temp). Afterward, my flower once again resumed her cleaning spree, I hid in a closet with a book so as not to be in her way, occasionally venturing out and helping where she would let me.

She often redoes whatever it is I accomplish, since I obviously don’t know how to do it right. Hell, she still brings up the fact that when she met me I changed my sheets every season, hey… it wasn’t that bad, chics only saw it in the dark anyway, and I was a wild man at that point in my life, ask anyone.

In the afternoon, we went on a tour of a mansion that is for sale in our little inner-city refuge. Yes, a real mansion. It was something to see. After that, we went on a long walk until the rain overtook us. Co-ed naked married couple showers followed, soon after I made a pizza and once again she settled into a few DVDs and myself into my books. We were in bed and asleep by 9:00pm.

All in all it was a gentle weekend of respite and intellectual pursuits interrupted with spring cleaning & reproduction based on hand to hand combat. See what happens when a Alpha male and a Alpha Female get married?

The Internationale:
(It is really is a catchy tune, I find myself humming it when my boss is on my ass, or I am paying bills, or for that matter when I think of Sallie Mae)

Arise ye workers from your slumbers
Arise ye prisoners of want
For reason in revolt now thunders
And at last ends the age of cant.
Away with all your superstitions
Servile masses arise, arise
We'll change henceforth the old tradition
And spurn the dust to win the prize.

So comrades, come rally
And the last fight let us face
The Internationale unites the human race.
So comrades, come rally
And the last fight let us face
The Internationale unites the human race.

No more deluded by reaction
On tyrants only we'll make war
The soldiers too will take strike action
They'll break ranks and fight no more
And if those cannibals keep trying
To sacrifice us to their pride
They soon shall hear the bullets flying
We'll shoot the generals on our own side.

No saviour from on high delivers
No faith have we in prince or peer
Our own right hand the chains must shiver
Chains of hatred, greed and fear
E'er the thieves will out with their booty
And give to all a happier lot.
Each at the forge must do their duty
And we'll strike while the iron is hot.

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 107
Not mine own fears, nor the prophetic soul
Of the wide world dreaming on things to come,
Can yet the lease of my true love control,
Supposed as forfeit to a confined doom.
The mortal moon hath her eclipse endured
And the sad augurs mock their own presage;
Incertainties now crown themselves assured
And peace proclaims olives of endless age.
Now with the drops of this most balmy time
My love looks fresh, and death to me subscribes,
Since, spite of him, I'll live in this poor rhyme,
While he insults o'er dull and speechless tribes:
And thou in this shalt find thy monument,
When tyrants' crests and tombs of brass are spent.

Quote of the Day:
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
Confucius

I remain, knowing when to fold ‘em, knowing when to walk away and when to run:

JQP