Monday, October 03, 2005

The Unkindest Cut of All:

Thought for the Day:
Morality is herd instinct in the individual.
Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science, section 116

A Note to you the Reader:
Please excuse the penmanship and misspellings this week, as I am writing this from the hold of a Maltese flagged, Romanian crewed freighter, currently passing through the locks of the St. Lawrence Seaway, more on that later.

On 5 pounds of meat and a $500 deductible on Homeowners:
Let me stop any rumors, I didn’t go to my college homecoming. Nope, not even for a little bit, Hell I didn’t even go to the annual Pig-Pick'en and Pub-Crawl after the big game. I stayed in and read my favorite passages of Whitman to my kind and loving wife, while she sat knitting next to the fireplace. This my story and I am sticking to it.

However, I will indulge you the reader with a brief re-cap; after visiting my doctor in the great city of Indianapolis. I took my bride (by surprise) to St. Elmo’s. While the food was in fact wonderful, the Bloody Mary was a source of great sadness, they changed the way they make them.

I and my spouse took solace in our steaks and shrimp cocktails… and, CPF, the shrimp cocktails are good, more so if you enjoy the tearful reaction you experience when eating pure horseradish. I enjoyed a 54 oz. stake and yes, I ate it all, hell I paid 50 bucks for it, was going to be damned if I left anything other than a picked over bone. After that we started on the long trip back north to the manor house, stopping along the way for coffee, fruit pies and ice-cream (I am starting to act like my grand-parents).

On Saturday, I awoke at 4am and started working on the house (my neighbors love me, nothing like a leaf-blower going at 5:15 in the morning on a Saturday). I worked on catching up on a lot of shit that should have been done over the summer but that I was unable and/or unwilling to do. It was at this point a crawled up on the roof of the stables in an effort to clean the gutters.

The sweet and loving Mrs. JQP watched from an open up-stairs window. She says her biggest regret is that she didn’t have it all on video tape, so she could sell the unfolding events to Vontage, (http://www.vonage.com/commercials.php).

I was standing up-right on the roof when I fell, not off the roof, as most normal men would do given my situation, but through the roof. Yes, all the way through the roof. Bouncing off rafters before hitting the concrete floor in a cloud of old bird shit, shingles, and dust. It was at this time I executed a perfect parachute landing fall. I credit the training I received at Fort Benning with saving my life. Fucking hell, the joys of home ownership, one step forward, two back.

Oh, and ND won as did USF, good day for football, but I really enjoyed watching the tail of two Michigan’s.

Sunday, we went to an early Mass, and then out to eat at a little Vietnamese place down the block from the church. After that, my kind and giving wife had to run off to a bridal shower and I to the Rugby Bar, where I joined M. Chamberlain, Newspaper-Man, all ready in progress.

I was at this time able to catch-up with all the activities of homecoming. I sat on my bar stool realizing that there is something nice in getting older and listening to the stories of drunken excess, fights and full frontal nudity and they are not all about you. After two Millers and a shot, I went home where my loving and erotically dressed bride and I reenacted the Marine landing at Iwo Jima, well into the night.

dorm ass
(There are however days when I miss the college lifestyle, ok who am I kidding, I live each day like a very bad poetry reading followed by a Rush Party)

Day Five of the “JQP’s First Annual Viewers Choice Awards
for “Tattoo of the Year”
Send your submissions to indianacityboy@yahoo.com I know there is more ink hiding out there. Skin to win, enter as many times as you want.

Circumcisions and me:
circumcision JC getting cut

A few years ago, there was a big up-roar about female-circumcisions, and rightfully so. In the process the skin around the clitoris is trimmed and/or the entire clitoris is removed. But, when I asked the question of my feminist friends who were campaigning the cause, if they had gotten their son’s cut, they answered “…why yes, it’s healthy and I wanted him to look like every other boy”. I say Bull-Fucking-Shit.

getting cut PR

For starters I didn’t spend my childhood looking at every other boy’s dick, saying “gee, does mine look like his”. Mutilation of the genitals is mid-fucking-evil, plain and simple! A health risk, ok, how about this, teach your man-child to wash his dick, how about that? Well, they ask how about the increased risk of cancer of the cock among un-cut men, in retort, how about the increase of breast cancer among women with breasts; we don’t cut them all off when a girl hits puberty.

Think about the long term effects of this on a boy and you wonder why republicans are they way they are, folks it’s because they are cut. Snip a boys foreskin and hell yes he is going to be bitter. No turtle necks for their little purple helmeted soldiers. So today, I am starting a movement…You heard it here, Just say No to the Genital Mutilation of Boys”

(oh, to my Jewish friends: Hey, you guys can do what ever you want, I want no problems with the Israelis).

Todays Bill:
I must be cruel only to be kind;
Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind.
William Shakespeare

Quote for the Day:
Evil to him who evil thinks.
(Honi Soit Qui Mal Pense)
King Edward the Third, Motto of the order of the Garter
English king 1327-1377 (1312 - 1377)

I remain, the Tidy-Bowl Man of your Anxieties:

JQP esq.