Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Future Sex, Begging for Cash, and Tacky Pick-up Lines:

Thought for the Day:
Beware of dissipating your powers; strive constantly to concentrate them. Genius thinks it can do whatever it sees others doing, but is sure to repent of every ill-judged outlay.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

On Today:
real bum
I have about a 100,000.00 that I need to come-up with before Jan. so, I am grant writing my ass off and out begging. It really hurts when there is a disaster, all the funders give money (has they should) to those folks and the well runs dry. It makes it hard for those of us in the public service, because we are the budget cuts you hear about. So, as a result there isn’t a lot of witty discourse for your purview today. I have to keep my head in the game.

Today’s Public Service Announcement:
no hoe

On Tonight:
I am going to have drinks and dinner with Pastor Bob and Pete the Fireman, Pete asked me to mention that he is single, so if any of you ladies would like the hook up drop me a line.

Why is Pete still single, you might ask? Well, I think its all in the presentation, he’s a hell of a good guy, rugged, and straight forward and has about 10 medals for heroism, but when he is around women he resorts of pick-up lines that should have been retired with the polyester. His current favorite is “Hey Baby, I am a fireman, I find ‘em hot and leave them wet, want a come back to my pad and help me with some hose?”. This shit cracks me up, it’s true.

Last Night:
I went out with my mentor (The Monsignor) for food, drinks and spiritual guidance. It was an evening of fast paced banter. However the food left something to be desired. I against my better judgment ordered the Norwegian Pizza, yes the Norwegian Pizza. Right now I know you’re asking yourself what is on a Norwegian Pizza. Well dear reader, it’s a hot pizza crust loaded with cold foods, such as capers, smoked salmon, red onions, green olives, and cream cheese. Folks a winner it was not. But Hell, it might have been the best thing ever, you never know unless you try.

About half way through or dinner we were joined by the sweet and loving Mrs. JQP, who has is her custom rolled in like a tornado through a trailer court. We enjoyed vespers and a few more drinks, while talking about the issues of the day, and after my flower left (there was something on Animal Planet she didn’t want to miss), about our relationships. You see The Monsignor is gay.

He is Out and Proud gay, and a hell of a good friend of mine. If you know any gay people you know that thier relationships are just as fucked up as rest of us, but its also fun to get the view from the other side of the fence. When the subject of gay marriage comes up I always think of him and his partner, I think that gay people should have the same rights as the rest of us, the joys of going through a divorce and getting dragged into court. Hell, those folks pay the same taxes I do. We both got a chuckle about the churches band on Gay Priests, more on that some other time.

On NLT:
Dear reader, I plan not to be in attendance at No-Love-Thursday, this week. Yes, I know it’s a shocker.
what a party
The countless other members will have to pick up the banner and charge on without me. The reasons for this decision are many and valid, chiefly they include the expected egg drop that my wife hopes to be experiencing.
trucker ass
At her insistence I am to be home for a modeling of her latest purchases from Victoria’s Secret, after which we are to test the swimming ability of my wee’ lads (she said she even got a new sex toy). Kind of takes the romance out of it doesn’t it? She let me know this via e-mail.

On FEMA:
Did you catch that happy horse shit yesterday? I listened to it on NPR and got home and watched the re-caps. Holly Shit that guy was not only incompetent but he’s a whinny asshole/prick as well. Blame the mayor and the governor (and they deserve some) but not own any blame for yourself. Hell I am still to pissed to write about it.

Bush’s plan for the golf recovery. Have you checked it out? With the spending he has proposed the government could write a check for 400,000.00 a person who was affected by the hurricane. I for one think that would be a hell of a good idea, put the money in the hands of the people not into the hands of one of his rich buddy’s companies. One hell of a way to stamp out poverty in the region, and think about the boost in domestic spending, didn’t it go up 20% or something like that when the government sent that “tax-rebate” a few years back, you know when we had a budget surplus.

Today’s Bill:
See first that the design is wise and just: that ascertained, pursue it resolutely; do not for one repulse forego the purpose that you resolved to effect. William Shakespeare

Quote of the Day:
None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

I remain the dirty squeegee guy, washing the windshield of your mind:

JQP esq.