Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Gather round lil’ children:

Thought for the Day:
Wear the old coat and buy the new book.
Austin Phelps

Scaling the Ivory Towers:
I have to teach a big deal thingy today (ie: they are paying me rate), so alas no major posting. Rest assured that those in my training will leave better for it, able to do things that they had only dreamed of before.
Jackass the lifestyle
Such is the power of my instruction.

On a more personnel note…. “Foucking ‘ell” I feel like shit. Over the weekend I kicked the pain pills (mostly because I was out, but now damn, I might run over to drug court and see what I can score). My leg and knee is a kick’en me. There done bitching, thanks.

Your Recipe for the Week:
JQP’s Spare Rib Pie recipe, yes... Rib-Pie...
Who says meat-pie are only for Highland Games? This little gem of a spare rib pie is a deep dish pie made especially from spare ribs of pork. Metric included for my countless readers over the pond and up in da nort. Enjoy!

Ingredients
150 g (6 oz) shortcrust pastry
1 kg (2 lb) spare ribs of pork
1 pint (600 ml) stock or 1 chicken stock cube and water
egg and milk to glaze
3 tbls (25 g) 1 oz flour
1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon chopped sage
½ diced onion
3 tbls Tabasco sauce
salt and pepper

How To:
1. Cut the pork into pieces of about 4 cm (1 1/2 in) each and toss them in seasoned flour.
2. Put the meat into a deep pie dish and sprinkle with herbs.
3. Half fill the dish with chicken stock.
4. Press a strip of pastry around the rim of the pie dish and attach the lid, sealing well.
5. Decorate, glaze and bake at 220°C, 425°F, mark 7 for 10 - 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C, 350°F, mark 4 and cook for a further 45 minutes.

RIP:
Bob Denver, loved you, loved your work. I was so sad when they took you off the air for the Watergate trials. Sleep well, First Mate of my childhood. ...and tell Fred Rogers I said hello.

Your Bill for the Day:
It is not enough to help the feeble up, but to support him after.
William Shakespeare Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

Quote of the Day:
Be honorable yourself if you wish to associate with honorable people.
Welsh Proverb

I remain a haunted man:

JQP esq.