Thursday, August 25, 2005

Rubber bands, Turtle Soup and Saltine Crackers

Thought for the Day:
Life engenders life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich.
Sarah Bernhardt French actress (1844 - 1923)

Today is No Love-Thursday:
And true to its name I have no love to give at this point. Perhaps its because for the first time in a few weeks I am once again trying to go without my pain pills. As a result I don’t have that joyful glazed over look in my eyes. I have once again noticed that when you’re in a bad mood you can’t tell it until you’re around others. At least I find this to be the case.

My loving and sexually deviant wife left the manor house early, allowing me a morning that moved at my own pace, after breakfasting on smoked cod, capers and hard boiled eggs, I enjoyed several cups of coffee and read my four daily newspapers.

However after arriving at the Salt Mines to start my shift I noticed even a simple “hello” uttered to me in passing by a colleague brought up a response that would be better suited to a Cossack attack on an undefended village. As a result I have hidden myself away in my office with a note on the door that says “went to the restroom be back in 5 mins”. For their sake I hope it works.

Last night:
I was once again deep in the trenches of marital relationships as they relate to the science of reproduction. For hours I engaged in hand to hand combat the likes of which have not been seen since the last Jacky Chan movie or perhaps one of those Gladiator movies from the 50’s. I blame the communists in their effort to poison our precious bodily fluids through the evils of Chlorination. Needless to say it was not a restful night at the Public compound.

More Pat Roberson quotes:
"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"
Pat cartoon
And…
"I do believe, as a theologian, based upon many Scriptures and particularly Proverbs 14:23, which says 'living by God's principles promotes a nation to greatness, violating those principles brings a nation to shame,'" he said.
(Funny, I happen to believe in Proverbs 14:23 KJV, I just wish he (and the rest to the new Hitler Youth) could see the hypocrisy in their actions)

Quote of the Day:
Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
Mahatma Gandhi Indian ascetic & nationalist leader (1869 - 1948)

I remain, like an embarrassing wet spot on the chinos of reality:

JQP esq.