Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Femme avec une bouche d'une truite

Thought for the Day:
Forgive many things in others; nothing in yourself.
Ausonius

The Day Ahead:
Today my loving wife is picking me up at 10:30. We have a dentist appointment together, which I scheduled. How queer is that, I have a date with my wife to go get our teeth cleaned.

Sadly with her schedule I booked it so we might spend a little time together and have lunch. Tonight she has some concert she has to go to but told me she plans on being home by 8:30. I won’t hold my breath, the last six times 8:30 as ended up being more like 8:30am.

Now I did get invited along, but I am old and haven’t followed music since my grunge days (yes, I was also one of those). Well, I was more grunge because I was poor but that’s a whole other story ending with me cutting my hair and starting to wear starched shirts. Some say I sold out; I like to think I bought in.

Anyway as a result, I don’t know what I will do with my leisure time this evening. Perhaps go to the bar, as is my normal routine when faced with a darkened home, or the concert, or just suck it up and go home and read. Hard to tell, much, much to early to make a accurate prediction.

At work today, other than the dentist appointment, I have a slow day scheduled, which is often the kiss of death. I have a thing I am writing up on two recent infant fatalities and a grant I would like to get out the door by the end of the week. Such is a day in the life of a humble servant of mankind.

On Dreams in the Opium Den of my mind:
Ok, since I have had this surgery I have been having a lot of very odd dreams. Last week it was that I was a Hispanic man at a family dinner, there I was talking to people I knew but didn’t know, eating food, drinking beer, all in Spanish… Now folks, I speak Spanish about as well as I do French. I think I am having the dreams of whoever had these body parts before me. Anyone else ever had someone else’s dreams?

…but back to last night. I had a dream that I was at a store and watched a little white mouse come in and buy a Big-Wheel (I hope your old enough to remember those). Yes, a mouse buying a Big-Wheel.

Now, the salesman was trying to talk him out of it, the mouse says “Nope, I want to be cool” so he went ahead and sold it to him (think Dobbs, the used car master and blogger of merit).

About an hour later the mouse comes back in with about 20 people pushing him and returns the Big-Wheel. The salesman asks him why and he says “Well, I learned a very valuable lesson, like all good ideas, once you get people behind it you can’t steer it”.

Now you tell me, odd dream or what? It would make sense if I would of just come up with some kick ass idea, but the well is dry.

Man, I would settle for some of those dreams boys have when they hit puberty (your know about breasts, oral sex, hairy French women or at least fishing), but this stuff? Perhaps it’s the pain pills, but wow…odd.

The Big Easy:
I won’t say a lot about it, since the world is focusing on the effects of the hurricane, other than to say both Mrs. JQP and I feel their pain. We have been through more than a few hurricanes when we were back on the beach and have had to rebuild what we did have as an effect. As always my heart goes out to the poor, those folks who couldn’t flee the storm and who didn’t have a lot to start with in the first place.

On a plus side, Mrs. JQP is organizing a relief effort. Which she asked my help with. It’s not that well known but at one time I worked disasters for an NGO, so besides living through a few hurricanes, I got to work them, along with fires, floods, tornados and a typhoon.

Yes, dear reader I have a checkered past. So, anyway I sent her to a friend who owns a trucking company, so she now has radio sponsorship and a semi with a driver lined up. That’s one thing I love about her, she is not a sit on your ass kind of girl.

Today’s Bill:
Lady you bereft me of all words,
Only my blood speaks to you in my veins,
And there is such confusion in my powers.
William Shakespeare Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

Thought for the Day:
Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them.
Benjamin Disraeli
British politician (1804 - 1881)

I remain, much like an uncomfortable odor in the confined space of your soul:

JQP esq.