Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Dry Desert of Introspection:

Thought for the Day:
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.
Bertrand Russell British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

“…would you come to the chalk-board, please?”
I have little note worthy to say today, I find myself more than a bit depressed. I think its because I am trying to wean myself off the pain pills, I already have enough monkeys on my back, one more would make it a troop. It’s a little known fact that pain can and often does act as a depressant.

However I have noticed a return of my sex drive, which has been met with mixed reviews by my loving bride. I feel as though I have the hormones of a teenage boy coursing through my veins, which sadly benifits no one.

Your Recipe for the Week:
(Pull this little gem out when the in-laws come to visit, make sure you tell them its an old family recipe from your homeland, trust me, it will be a meal they remember.)

Kidneys au Vin Blanc recipe
ingredients
3 Tbsp (40 g) butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
6 sheep's kidneys, skinned and thickly sliced
3 tbls (25 g) 1 oz flour
salt and pepper
2 oz (50 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt white wine
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt stock
3 large tomatoes, skinned, quartered and seeded
croutons to garnish

Directions:
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic until softened.
2. Add the kidneys and fry until lightly browned.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flour, salt, pepper, mushrooms, herbs, wine and stock.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve garnished with croutons.
serving amount
serves 4

Breaking News:
nudist santa
In this candid photo shot recently on Beaches of South Walton, Florida clearly shows what Santa does with his off time. Yes, Virginia, Santa is a swinger.

Today’s Bill:
For aught that I could ever read,
Could ever hear by tale or history,
The course of true love never did run smooth.
William Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream", Act 1 scene 1
Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

Quote of the Day:
One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe dramatist, novelist, poet, & scientist (1749 - 1832)

I remain, like full bladder of your existence:

JQP