Thursday, August 18, 2005

I watched a snail crawl across a straight razor:

Thought for the Day:
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner

I find Myself:
Nude Surfing is my life
Being homesick for the ocean, I talked to some friends last night from back on the beach; they had gone surfing after work. On a normal day, I would be having a breakfast of shrimp and grits down by the harbor. Shit…

Today is No-Love Thursday:
…and I don’t plan on going to the meeting tonight. I know you’re surprised, but I would rather go home. I have the sinking suspicion that my loving bride will be home tonight and I have been wanting to make some meatloaf (how mid-western is that), and have a “normal” night together. It is my wish, it is my goal, JQP needs some connect time.

Last Night:
My loving wife had yet another concert. This one however she said she would be home from by 7:30. So, I waited supper, thinking that it would be nice to eat a meal together this week. Sadly, 7:30 came and went, has did 8:30 and even 9:30. However I did get several calls during the event assuring me that she was on her way.

I offered to come and pick her up since she had her Drunk-Party-Girl voice going, but she politely refused (One thing we are good about is coming and picking each other up from bars when we have had to much to drink, why risk it).

Around ten she rolled in, needless to say, suppertime had long since passed, and I didn’t even bring it up. This morning she has spent a great deal of time in the bath, throwing up, to the point she isn’t going into work today. Good, for her, she needs a day off; so far she has worked the past 10 days in a row, sad that she has to get herself sick in order to do it. Such is married life with someone who has both feet in the rock and roll lifestyle.

Student Loans and those of us who are not paying them:
Man, I would like to take a moment and applaud the efficacy of the folks they put on your trail when your student loans come past due. Never mind that them calling was the first I had heard about my loans being in repayment, or that in the past year I have filed for student loan repayment and disability from the government.

These folks call every two hours all day long from 8am until 8pm, even if they talk to you someone else will call. What’s funny, no matter how much you ask them they will not send you anything in the mail. I guess I am kind of old fashioned, I like getting bills in the mail, not phone calls or e-mails. Folks, its not like I am not going to pay them, the bloodsuckers. I just wish they would have let me know it was coming due.

Roberts, a man to judge:
Now I don’t trust Roberts, just because W & company sure slipped him in there ASAP, I can’t help but wonder if he does have an agenda etc… Now that I have my declarative statement out of the way, this morning I was listening to how they are looking into his childhood here in the great state of Indiana. And the scandal they found was that the rich neighborhood he grew-up in didn’t allow Jews or Blacks to own homes there. This was where he lived until he graduated high school and went off the Harvard.

Now, I don’t know about your childhood, but I do know that in mine, my wishes on where we lived as a family were not very well listened to. Man, if that’s all they got the guy is in.

Your Bill for the Day:
I come to wive it wealthily in Padua;
If wealthily, then happily in Padua"
--From The Taming of the Shrew (I, ii, 75-76)

Quote of the Day:
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.
Gustave Flaubert French realist novelist (1821 - 1880)

I remain, dropping the soap in the shower of reality:

JQP