Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Midgets, Fresh Bread & the Smell of Poverty:

Thought for the Day:
Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
Albert Einstein US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

The smoke has cleared:
I am penning this dispatch has I sit here at my desk, redistributing ammo and sharpening my knife in preparation of the second human wave attack. The last wave broke through my outer defensives; I had told them that 10,000 volts on the outer fence wouldn’t be enough to hold back the horde. Yes, dear reader, they are at the city gates.

On the Job with JQP:
I have been called by two courts and three media outlets and its not even time for my coffee break, hell I am not even at work yet. Plus, I have been asked to go out on a home visit with a “trouble-client” from another organization, for my expert view on the situation.

What does one take on a home visit and what more importantly, what does one wear? There are many things they don’t tell those bright young minds in college who decide that they don’t want to be rich, they just want to help people.

First and foremost, would be that often the people don’t want you help, or if they do, they want you to give it and then get the fuck out of their lives. Once a young person entering in the field of social services understands that message and takes it to heart, the job does become much easier, or at least easier to understand.

What do I take on a home visit? Well, dear reader I have a bag that I carry in my vehicle. In that bag I have a vinyl track suit (kind of like what you see the Italian mobsters wear in the movies, but much cheaper) and pair of track shoes that cost $10.00, a ski cap, rubber gloves, alcohol jell, trash bags, and sample bottles of aftershave (I don’t wear it, I snort it, I have found that if you inhale it you can stand the smell of anything, piles of shit, dead bodies etc…, however the draw back is that for the rest of the day everything smell like Canoe, Polo, or English Leather).

Yes, dear reader it is often the case that the people we serve, smell, and smell rather badly. I think I have described the smell as dirty underwear/socks, burned meat grease, man sweat, cigarette smoke, stale beer, and cat piss. This time of year, you can often smell the homes from 100 feet away.

Needless to say we do it all for different reasons, some because they want to help people, some because they want to save the babies, and then me, I just like putting bad people behind bars or in treatment somewhere. Yes, I spend my days you as might guess, fucking with bad people, people who hurt those who can’t defend themselves, people who scar others forever, and I sleep well at night. What can I say, I am a people person.

Mixing the batter:
My dear flower announced last night that enough time as elapsed since our last attempt at the conception of a highbred version of ourselves and that I am called to do my husbandly duty to insure the survival of our race of Irish/Dutch/Scots warrior poets.

Needless to say, dear friends, ol’JQP is not 18 anymore. After five times up the mountain, I am tired. See what happens when she is home from the road for more than 24 hours? I asked, "well dear and loving wife, who ever will raise this uber-child of which you speak?” Her reply was telling to say the least “Why, silly man, dear husband, you shall raise the child, the back of a tour bus is no place for a child to grow-up.” Well, at least I am glad we got that cleared up. At least our child would have lots of concert tee-shirts to wear.

Your reading for the Week:
Pulp mag

On Quality Pre-Owned Body Parts:
ol' four legs
In my meeting with Dr. Pain down in Indy I was informed that my Texas knee is doing better than expected & that I can start weaning myself off the crutches over the next two months, which is about three months early. The pain however will last about a year, joy, fucking joy, but hey he did give me more pills.

Those events of course lead to me doing a faith healer act at a local Cheese Burger in Paradise restaurant in the suburbs on Indy. Sadly my faith was not strong, well not as strong as the concrete of the parking lot, where I fell face first.

This however brought a series of belly laughs from my sadistic wife. Lesson learned, weaning oneself off crutches is best not accomplished in an afternoon. But, on another note, lets hear it for them there Texan knees.

No-Love Thursday Past:
I realize that I have been remiss in regaling you the reader of the exploits that were witnessed by yours truly last Thursday during the weekly meeting of the No-Love Thursday Mutual Aid Society. Truth be known, I had to get a few things strait in my head, which remained rather cloudy for sometime afterwards. From what I remember, M. Chamberlain (Newspaper Man), started the meeting by blowing on the Rams Horn, next thing I knew I was being propped up on my doorstep, by K-Man the Beat Drummer and his wife the Lady Bird.

There are flashes of memories from that lost evening, they seem to involve a erotic dancer with meth-mouth and a yeast infection, two pregnant fat women with tattoos, and a series of Mexican mechanics, oh and there was also a midget involved somehow. The rest remains unknown unto me.

Your Bill for the Day:
Free from gross passion or of mirth or anger
constant in spirit, not swerving with the blood,
garnish'd and deck'd in modest compliment,
not working with the eye without the ear,
and but in purged judgement trusting neither?
Such and so finely bolted didst thou seem.
William Shakespeare
Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

Quote of the Day:
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe German dramatist, novelist, poet, & scientist (1749 - 1832)

I remain, much like a kidney stone that will not pass:

JQP esq.


(Ed. Note: See, there was nothing politcal in this posting)