Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The World is my Oyster:

Thought for the Day:
Haste is good only in catching fleas.
Alla Yaroshinskaya

Social Order and Internal Strife:
door to my new office
I have been a bit down these past few days; call it the late summer blues. As a result, my normal witty repartee has been hitting a bit of a drought on the river of life. Perhaps its that I am broke, I never should of let the sweet and loving Mrs. JQP try to pay off our student loans using her skills with online poker. Or perhaps, it’s that I am in varying degrees of physical pain daily not just the normal psychic pain. Or better still, maybe it’s that I am still stuck in Indiana, I guess there are worst places to be, like anywhere in the state of Ohio.

Anyway, I, John Q. Public am sitting on the spiritual pity pot today and have been since the weekend. Lucky for me I have a short attention span, and am now bored with being depressed, so it will soon be time to move on the next adventure.

In Honor of the Pull Out of the Settlers from the West Bank:
I would like to salute Israeli chic’s who are well armed.
Israeli chics are hot
(The M-16 A1 with 30 round magazine, makes the perfect fashion statement for any teen when enjoying a movie with your “home-girls” in the Old City)

The Weekend (a late up-date):
Well, it rained, so I told the Cub Scouts to go piss on themselves, I am not in the Army anymore, dry and comfortable is a lifestyle I embrace. However, while my loving and pretty wife was away on tour of southern Illinois county fairs with her “Boy Band” I did manage to take in some of the fine cultural events available to a person of my social stature and standing.

I went to the St. Joe Pickle Festival. Dear reader, I enjoyed more pickled farm produce than one man should be allowed to have. …and in truth I enjoyed myself whole heartedly, which could lead one to understand my depression at being interned here in northern Indiana.

Sunday, my bride was in town and as she put was in the mood to blow of some steam, which sadly did not include having wild kinky sexual acts with yours truly.

She wanted to go the Rugby Bar, for their famous Sunday East Indian “All you Can eat Buffet”, and of course Gin and Tonics. I made a few calls and mustered the troops, and spend a enjoyable evening in the company of like minded individuals, my only sadness being that I had to depart early from the festivities, has I had volunteered to drive the church bus for Pastor Bobs flock. Church Bus

You can read a brief account of the evening in the online journal of a distinguished member of the local medical community and world renown dare devil pilot. http://lifegoesdark.blogspot.com/


The week so Far:
Monday and Tues was spent knee deep in the Big Muddy of the judicial system the human service system, the medical system and of course the erotic female dancers systems. You could say that I have taken on the week with a systems approach. However my output as been at a minimum, I think my mascot for the day will be the slug, a noble creature if there ever was one.

Your Bill for the Day:
SONNET 122
Thy gift, thy tables, are within my brain
Full character'd with lasting memory,
Which shall above that idle rank remain
Beyond all date, even to eternity;
Or at the least, so long as brain and heart
Have faculty by nature to subsist;
Till each to razed oblivion yield his part
Of thee, thy record never can be miss'd.
That poor retention could not so much hold,
Nor need I tallies thy dear love to score;
Therefore to give them from me was I bold,
To trust those tables that receive thee more:
To keep an adjunct to remember thee
Were to import forgetfulness in me.

Quote of the Day:
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Sir Winston Churchill British politician (1874 - 1965)

I remain, the stranger who stares at you though the widow of your soul:

JQP DVM