Friday, June 10, 2005

a wee' dram o' whiskey, makes everything all better:

Thought for the Day:
A conservative government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli, Speech in the House of Commons, Mar. 3, 1845
British politician (1804 - 1881)

A Indiana Cultural Weekend:
This weekend is full of fun and excitement here in River City. Yes, friends and neighbors this weekend Germanfest is in full tilt, “Ummm Pa Pa” music, Beer and Brats for one and all. However the crowd favorite is always the huge beer tents that are erected downtown.
Germanfest
This event allows those of German decent the opportunity to join with other fans of Martin Luther and drink enough beer (vast quantities) that they feel the need to invade Poland, or if not Poland at least Ohio, which might explain why there are reports of Buckeye National Guardsmen patrolling the border in hopes of providing a deterrent.

However this year I believe I might skip this joyful event, 10 thousand Germans drunk in a tent, when its 90 degrees out just sounds like a recipe for disaster. There is one even more fun for someone such as myself Saturday.
Highland Games
Yes, its time for the annual Indiana Highland Games. It is there you will find me. Not only will they have beer tent, bagpipes, and Celtic music but also a Rugby Tournament, all while wearing a skirt. …and folks even with a bum knee I cut a dashing figure in a kilt. Look for me, the dashing Scots-Irishman, on crutches, proudly wearing the tartan of Clan Public.

Folks there are few things more fun than a bunch of rugby players, filled up on beer and meat pies, on a Braveheart kick. Highland Rugby
Shits and Giggles all the way around, dear reader, all the way around.

On being Published:
It was recently called to my attention that several of my musings have drawn the attention of certain members of the trade unions and that they are engaged in publishing a few of my views on the ruling junta (that would be the Bush administration). To my Union Brothers and Sisters, I say have at! Cut and paste to your hearts content! One Great Union, One Great Strike! The only thing we have to lose is our chains! Hell Yes! I would rather they read them than the Department of Homeland Security.

Todays Bill:
"I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fix'd and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament."
--From Julius Caesar (III, i, 60 – 62)

Quote of the Day:
If the truth doesn't save us, what does that say about us?
Lois McMaster Bujold, Diplomatic Immunity, 2002
US science fiction author

I remain, snapping back wash after wash:

JQP esq.