Friday, June 03, 2005

If you want to wish on a star & carry moonbeams home in a jar:

Thought for the Day:
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. Edgar Allan Poe, "Eleonora" US short story author, editor, & poet (1809 - 1849)

The Return of Little Kevy (Part II)
Well dear reader the night was one full of magic and mystery. All for our little lost sheep Kevin. There are a few things I should share about Kevin, to help the reader develop a visual image of he who is “Little Kevy My trusty boy Capon”.

For starters Kevin looks like a Kennedy, but scaled down. He is about 3 feet tall, four if he is wearing his elevator shoes, or cowboy boots. His was born and raised in up-state New York and comes from money, yes the high ideals of preppy live on through him. He has all the charm and wit found in B movies from the late 40’s and early 50’s and as for skills…..

Kevin is the walking poster child for the maxim “those who cant teach”. Now, when our boy gets a few drinks in him, he will regale the listener with epic stories about how he served in the Special Forces, Rangers, Maine Recon, CIA, French Foreign Legion and Navy SEALs (all at the same time), not to mention his prowlness on the Rugby pitch. One of my favorite stories about Kevy involves a back yard cook out a few years back, in which Matt the Cops daughter asked Uncle Phooter (Kevin) “why do you have Ranger on your arm” (referring to his tattoo), before lil’ Kevy could answer I replied “well sweetheart Uncle Phooter has Ranger on his arm because Astronaut cost to much.”

Q: How do you know when Kevin is BS’ing? A: His mouth is moving.

Ok, truth be known, Kevin can be a bit taxing even for the most patent man, but he is ok. He is one of those people that you don’t know why your friends with but you are and that’s the way it is Goddamn-it.

Back to last night. Little Kevy had his mom drop him off at the bar. The crew was all in attendance, it was good to see everyone again. There is something satisfying in drinking with a bunch of people who would help you get rid of a body at three o’clock in the morning, no questions asked. We proceeded to hard charge, with Pastor Bob leading the way.

We were having such a good time in fact that we got several complaints about our language and noise level (I don’t know about you but I enjoy shouting in Swahili). At which point I said “follow my lead”, and proceeded to welcome Kevin home from the war very loudly (fuck-it, no one had yellow ribbons for me when I got home from Panama, I cant welcome home who ever I want) thus making any complaints of our behavior un-patriotic. Pete the Fire Man had to go to a Union meeting and Matt the Cop had to go and be a.... well….a cop so well started folding our tents.

Lil’ Kevy invited the sweet and loving Mrs. JQP to join him and Mr. and Mrs. Johnny Vanilla at an up-class joint downtown, we however didn’t jump at the chance do to the fact that A) my leg hurt like a little bitch B) I was on pain pills C) I don’t like rich people and D) I have found that while on crutches excessive drinking is not a good thing. So, my flower and I made our escape and were home in bed reading love poems to each other by 9PM.

On the Road with the Gimp:
Well next week I am going to have a little road time ahead, once agin heading to the West and southern parts of this great state. Such is the life of a part time Bible salesman and faith healer.
moms' so proud
The things you see on the road, when I saw this all I could think was cool bike. I will have to take my camera with me, you never know what lays ahead.

I am Deep Throat:
Ok, time for a little venting…..
Like many of you I remember the Watergate hearings. I vividly remember that Gilligan’s Island was not on forever, not to mention Petticoat Junction, I watched them on a color TV that was built into our consol stereo system with a turn table, AM and FM and a way cool 8 track player. Yes, it was so long ago you had to get up to change the channels.

I unlike many of my peers, watched the hearings, yes I was the creepy kid in 2nd grade who could talk knowledgably about the proceedings. My parents thought it was cute, which tells you a lot about my parents. I would have to say it beat watching the evening news in hopes of seeing my dad on TV (yes, I am a Vietnam baby). One thing I do remember is hoping the President would come out ok and how that used to set my dad off. I don’t know why but kids love who ever is President, perhaps it’s an authority figure thing I don’t know.

Tricky Dick

As a result of my being a Nixon fan, my family started my political indoctrination at a early age. Yes I come from a long line of trade unionist, liberal, progressive, FDR democrats. Hell I wasn’t even allowed to join the cub scouts because they made you wear uniforms and recite oaths, I think Ma and Pa called it a paramilitary organization. Well one skill my parents did teach me was to think critically, and to question decisions made by those in power, for that I am thankful.

Now a lot of people have called Deep Throat a traitor, I don’t see how they the moral-right can make that judgment. What we had was one FBI man, who saw a coup going on, saw power being used to corrupt the system, and saw laws being broken, a man who saw those in power wipe their asses with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and because of that, he told, he up held the law.

What we need now is a Deep Throat for the Bush White House. Someone who would have the moral backbone and the guts to stand up and say enough is enough. Gee... where would you start, a rigged Presidential election, thrown in the state his brother governs? His energy kickbacks, deals for his rich Texas buddies, oil prices through the roof, wars started on what he knew to be lies and have maimed and killed thousands? Funds from weapons makers and sweet heart deals to Halliburton? Hell, they tried to impeach Clinton over a blow job and lying about screwing around on his wife.

the Commander and Chief

Its time we started the IMPEACH BUSH movement, You heard it here friends and neighbors, JQP is starting the IMPEACH BUSH movement (Indiana Chapter) yes sign up here! Raise your voice, run out those who want to tear down the things that have made this country great just for the sake of a quick buck, because dear reader they are the traitors.

Pour into the streets! Man the barricades! The time for action is now! (Hell, under the Patriot Act, I could probably be charged with some trumped up crime and pulled into a military court and sentenced to years of hard labor in some Fundamentalist run Reeducation Camp, so time to put in a disclaimer, I am just kidding, etc).

Folks its time to realize that those in power are using our fears against us, they are actively playing on things we fear or that we don’t understand. You can see it from Welfare cuts, to evolution, and Gay marriage, from Right to life issues to sending your child to war. And they do this to keep us apart, in fear of each other, because they know that if we all came together there is nothing they could do.

We are better than that. We are a country that used to be seen as everyone’s friend, a nation made up of bums and out casts who proved themselves. A nation where a person gets a fair chance to make something of themselves. We are a damn good nation and a damn good people, instead of looking for things to hate in eachother lets look at the good we could all do if we set our minds to it, the changes we could make.

You might ask what got me on this little rant today, well I hit my dear friend Indy Girls blog and got turned on to this little bit of info and it set me to thinking….

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=7591

Your drinks for the Weekend:

Yellow Snow
Drink Ingredients:
0.5 oz. Pineapple Juice
1.5 oz. Finlandia Artic Pineapple Vodka
Instruction:
Shake with ice and strain into shot glass

Absolut Redhead
Drink Ingredients:
dash Grenadine
2 tsp. Lime Juice
1 oz. Absolut Peppar
Instruction:
shake, strain


Your Bill for the Day:
SONNET 142
Love is my sin and thy dear virtue hate,
Hate of my sin, grounded on sinful loving:
O, but with mine compare thou thine own state,
And thou shalt find it merits not reproving;
Or, if it do, not from those lips of thine,
That have profaned their scarlet ornaments
And seal'd false bonds of love as oft as mine,
Robb'd others' beds' revenues of their rents.
Be it lawful I love thee, as thou lovest those
Whom thine eyes woo as mine importune thee:
Root pity in thy heart, that when it grows
Thy pity may deserve to pitied be.
If thou dost seek to have what thou dost hide,
By self-example mayst thou be denied!

Quote for the Day:
If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence.
Bertrand Russell English author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)


I remain, a true Patriot:

JQP esq.