Thursday, June 02, 2005

A Smith and Wesson beats four Aces:

Thought for the Day:
A flatterer is a friend who is your inferior, or pretends to be so.
Aristotle Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)

The Day Ahead:
Today I have a job interview to do; I am hoping this one is a keeper. I hate doing interviews and at times hate the people I interview. I have a very good bull shit detector, since I am most often full of shit myself.

But one thing that ticks me off is people who come for an interview for a per-deim (part-time) job and ask about benefits etc. and then get indigent when I inform them there are not any, I know that they know this coming into the interview, I know because I tell them when I set the damn thing up. Also, if your going to go on an interview, for God’s sake, Google them, so at least you know a little bit about the organization your interviewing at.

After that I am going to write a grant or two and get some money coming into this under funded program I run.

The return of my Trusty Boy Capon Phooter:
Well tonight I have a little event to attend. Little Kevin is coming into town from Arizona for a job interview. Lil’ Kevy is an old chum from my days at Eton. I have called the old crew back together for a chance to catch up, reminisce, get drunk, and chase skirts. So, far Pastor Bob, Johnny Vanilla, Pete the Fireman, Tony Two Times and Matt the Cop will be in attendance. (Yes, most all my friends have nicknames)

About the only members for the crew missing are Mr. Pain who has to work, Tattoo John, who is doing research in Hawaii, and Acid Dan whose whereabouts are currently unknown. It should be a fun night, full of highjencks and laughs.

On new toys:
Last night I had a friend who needed some cash fast do to some problems involving things that I am not a liberty to discuss stop by the manor house. He asked if I would like to buy a hand gun. As a result I am now the proud owner of a Smith & Wesson 44 magnum, Oh yes, I am just waiting to go Dirty Harry on someone’s ass.

Dirty Harry

Why did I buy a gun like that you ask? For home security? Hell no… for home security it sucks, the thing is as big has a cannon, hell it shoots through walls and cars, its more suited for dropping Cape Buffalo. I go it because it was god-damn cheap, I am thinking it will make a great stocking stuffer next Christmas.

However my sweet and loving wife has fallen in love with it. Much to my concern she wore it in a shoulder holster the better part of the evening, saying things like “what’s my name now bitch”. Yes, I made sure it was unloaded. I have not seen her like that since I got her that Remington 870 combat model shotgun.

But you know there is something very sexy about a well armed woman:
Mrs JQP with her 9mm

More on Side-Effects:
One of the things I had forgotten about being under the knife is the fact that afterward a person tends to shall I say “fill-up” without the ability to release. After eating an orchard of prunes and taking just about every over the counter product available on the open market I have suddenly found myself “free and clear”.

My only comment is “gentle over night relief my ass”. I am a mad man on crutches and no one had better get in my way.

Your Bill for the day:
"Let every eye negotiate for itself And trust no agent; for beauty is a witch Against whose charms faith melteth in blood." --From Much Ado About Nothing (II, i, 178-180)

Quote of the Day:
Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
Groucho Marx US comedian with Marx Brothers (1890 - 1977)


Just another Day on the Line, I remain:

JQP esq.