Thursday, June 09, 2005

I woke in a rain filled ditch:

Thought for the Day:
I was brought up to believe that how I saw myself was more important than how others saw me.
Anwar el-Sadat Egyptian politician (1918 - 1981)

On the Day that was:
Well, dear reader it pains me to write this for two reasons, one it was a rather uneventful night and two I am hung over like a little bitch. Little Kevy called me at around 3:30 and said the he and Johnny Vanilla would be at my favorite bar, I should note that Kevy is leaving for his return to Arizona Thursday (today Yeah!!). So being a man of prudent nature, I decided to join them.

Upon my arrival I was greeted with the warmth the often befalls me and soon our merry band was joined by Colorado Joe and the slamming began. Now I should note that Johhny V. and I had spoken on the phone prior to my arrival. It was kind of one of those heads up between friends.

During which I told him that there was no way in hell I wanted to drive Lil’ Kevy home, so about 10 minutes into the slam fest, Kevy said “hey brother, you going to drive me home”, to which I said “ummm, how’s fucking no way work for you Lil’ Kevy?”. (its 30 miles round trip) Needless to say the evening went downhill from there. Johnny V. made his departure after only having half a beer soon followed by Colorado Joe who teaches law school and power lifting at a local Vocational College in the evenings. Leaving Lil’ Kevy and myself to our own devices.

Dear reader I should note at this point Lil’ Kevy had been drinking since the beer tent opened at noon (Its German heritage Nazi time here in river city), it now being around 5, the old boy was three sheets to the wind, yes, he was in the bag. How could you tell you might ask? Well…Lil’ Kevy speaks in a voice that would be better used at a stone quarry when he has been over served. I am talking LOUD! here folks. After telling him to shut the fuck up several times I just gave up.

Kevy started telling me how the pretty and sexy Mrs. JQP and I should come and visit him in the barren wasteland that is Arizona, regaling me with stories about the 38 pound bass he caught, the hole in one he got, and the clap he got from a fat toothless Mexican whore, all interspersed with he “come on dude give me a ride home”. Yes, dear reader it ranked up there with having your teeth drilled with out Novocain.

It was at this point my loving bride called and said she would come and get me (many thanks my flower!) because after trying a day with out crutches, I found myself back on pain pills that combined with acute alcohol consumption served to render me unwilling to drive the church bus home, let alone pick up the youth group at the roller skating ring (note to self: call Pastor Bob and say I was car jacked).

Enter Tony Two Times, now you has the reader might not know this, but there is no love lost between Tony Two Times and Lil’ Kevy, I believe it stems from a brief stint of prison time they did while back packing in Romania as youth. Anyway, Lil’ Kevy asked Tony 2 x’s to give him a ride to the rugby bar instead of home, most likely figuring out that is was at least a mile closer thus saving on the cab fare. Tony said he would do it for 5 dollars, which Lil’ Kevy readily agreed to.

Now I don’t know about you, but in the back for my mind I wonder if Lil; Kevy made it. It would not surprise me if his body floated to the surface of one of our many fine rivers between here and the rugby bar. What was my clue you my ask?

Tony came back to my favorite bar and started buying drinks for everyone, paying for them out of a money belt much like the one Lil’ Kevy had….

But, I not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, drank my fill, which friends and neighbors is more that what the human body is designed to hold. I heralded the arrival of my bride at about 6 and made a quick and most needed departure. To home we went and had a wonderful supper followed by a restful night on the futon in the music room (the fact that I put restful and futon in the same sentence should tell you how fucked up I was).

The Day that is:
This morning my flower made me corned beef hash and over easy eggs with raisin toast followed by knocking one out in the shower. Damn, did I luck out or what? Today I have meetings all f’ing day to include lunch, plus a major report I have the get out to the state, nothing like a day full of people you don’t like, talking about shit you don’t care about all while hung way the fuck over.

Todays Bill:
SONNET 154
The little Love-god lying once asleep
Laid by his side his heart-inflaming brand,
Whilst many nymphs that vow'd chaste life to keep
Came tripping by; but in her maiden hand
The fairest votary took up that fire
Which many legions of true hearts had warm'd;
And so the general of hot desire
Was sleeping by a virgin hand disarm'd.
This brand she quenched in a cool well by,
Which from Love's fire took heat perpetual,
Growing a bath and healthful remedy
For men diseased; but I, my mistress' thrall,
Came there for cure, and this by that I prove,
Love's fire heats water, water cools not love.

Quote of the Day:
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F. Kennedy
US Democratic politician (1917 - 1963)

Wishing you Champaign wishes and Caviar Dreams, I remain:

JQP esq.