Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Soft Candy and Hard Women:

Thought for the Day:
There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don’t know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president.
Kurt Vonnegut, "Cold Turkey", In These Times, May 10, 2004 US novelist (1922 - )

Last Night:
Since my wife was off racing wiener dogs (yes, no shit, she really was). I headed over to my favorite bar, which happens to be about 100 feet from where I park my vehicle everyday for work (tell me, can life get any better). It was one of those days when the beer tasted so damn good, but being the grown-up I limited myself to a pint and shot and a Ham and Swiss sandwich. I was in and out in one hour.

Upon my return to the manor I watered the lawn, this 90 degree weather is a bit hard on my plants, that and I have my garden in pots this year, so they need the water more often.

After that taxing task was completed I went in and lied down on the couch, slipping into a fevered slumber. Fevered you ask? Yes, dear reader or A/C took a dump, nothing like living in a 130 year old house with no A/C, it gave me new found respect for the founders of this great land. I slept until 9 went my sweet and loving bride returned to our humble home.

Latter Last Night:
After her quick shower she helped me move 3 fans into the bedroom suite, and we proceeded to lay naked upon our 600 count Egyptian sheets. Now my wife has an ass that would make any J-Lo lover cry. You can set a 6 pack on either cheek, not to mention her rather large and full breasts.

I being but a mortal man in the presence of such beauty, I quickly submitted myself to my more animal instincts and made love with her like a rabid squirrel. While some accommodations were necessary for my disabled leg, the creative movement class she took over the winter really paid off. I can now plant the flag after reaching the summit.

Yes dear reader, JQP esq. has a smile on his face today that no one at work understands.

Dreams:
Last night I didn’t sleep well, even with my unexpected exercise, perhaps due to my power nap early on in the evening. However I did have vivid dreams. I don’t often remember my dreams and when I do they often relate to my service in the military, but last night that was different.

I dreamt about a former lover, (no things are not bad in Mrs. JQP’s and myself relationship, I would say they are great, her miscarriage and my surgery along with caring for my grandfather till he died, have gone a long way in strengthening our feelings for each other) she was one of those people we all have in our lives from time to time. Someone who you felt an instant connection to and fall immediately in love with, you know that powerful love where your willing to throw everything away for it, or that only if love, ie: if only we had met sooner.

Oh, well back to the dream…it was set on my family’s farm, in what looked to be about the summer 1985, which was the summer I went into the Army. She wasn’t supposed to be there and we had to hide from my parents. Anyway we were walking in one of the back orchards and she told my that everything she had said to me was a lie, that she had played me because she knew she could and she was bored, that she never loved me but got a kick out of getting me to say those words to her etc....

Now what’s odd is to this day I feel a connection with this woman, no I have no contact with her, but the connection on some level is still there or for me has been. It was an odd dream. At first glance I would say that my past is working itself out, however part of me sill wanted to believe that even though our relationship didn’t work out it was real and that she really wasn’t that cold of a person, because if so I would feel like a number-one grade-A dumb ass. Which perhaps I may be. Just funny how dreams work, anyone ever have something like this happen to them?

Today:
I am teaching at a local University, which is always fun, I am bringing my intern to haul all the heavy stuff, which is hard for me to do with a bad leg. I enjoy teaching nursing students what to look for on investigations. Its often the only training they get on the subject.

After that there is some big name band putting on a free concert downtown at one of the parks and giving away free food, so I think I might stop there after my class, free food always works for me. (btw: this event is my flowers doing, she is after all a rock diva)

After that back to the office for work on some reports etc… and then home. Tonight I am cooking spiced steaks and steamed fresh mushrooms with pine nuts, small Cobb salads and raspberry tort (store bought). Should be a good meal.

On Health:
Well, when I got to work I found out that I don’t have AIDs or TB, yes it was time for our annual testing, one of the many joys we have when working with the public. As for my knee, today is the first day I am trying to make a go of it without my crutches. So far so good, but it is early.

Your Bill for the Day:
SONNET 72
O, lest the world should task you to recite
What merit lived in me, that you should love
After my death, dear love, forget me quite,
For you in me can nothing worthy prove;
Unless you would devise some virtuous lie,
To do more for me than mine own desert,
And hang more praise upon deceased I
Than niggard truth would willingly impart:
O, lest your true love may seem false in this,
That you for love speak well of me untrue,
My name be buried where my body is,
And live no more to shame nor me nor you.
For I am shamed by that which I bring forth,
And so should you, to love things nothing worth.

Quote of the Day:
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien British scholar & fantasy novelist (1892 - 1973)

Your don’t spit in the Wind, Ya don’t pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, and you don’t mess around with JQP…

I remain:

JQP esq.