Friday, June 17, 2005

"Vive l'Algerie"

Thought for the Day:
One can acquire everything in solitude - except character.
Marie Henri Beyle French biographer & novelist (1783 - 1842)

A Recap of No-Love Thursday, With JQP as your moderator:
(Roger Mudd is on special assignment)

It was late afternoon when I walked across the parking lot to my favorite bar. I found that my presence was anticipated, by the multitudes of individuals who had crowded into the shot-gun shack like space that is my bar. Tonight, Thursday night, was Secret Initiation Day, for the new members of the institution called “No-Love-Thursday” Say its name with reverence, utter it in fear.

Since my chairmanship had expired last month “M. Chamberlain Newspaper Man”, lead the ceremonies, with Tony Two Times acting as Sergeant of Arms. I busied my self with drink and commentary cocktail weenies with mini-tacos.

There were three candidates for inclusion into or tight knit group (think a Special Forces A-Team for the bar set) all were women (hey we like boobs and butts). They had survived the first three tests, first being told it was called "no love tuesday", and missing the meeting, second the ability and willingness to buy drinks for fellow members in good standing, and third, they didn’t hate me yet. Notice the word yet and its place in the preceding sentence, because dear read, yet, was what it was.

Now for the key test, I made fun of these fine women, in many ways, at which point my colleagues joined in the bloodletting, dorsal fins prominent. After a few tears and a hasty uttered fuck-you, there was only one candidate left, survival of the fittest, there are no weak links at this bar. She instead of being offended took time to plan an attack, and cut me to the bone, yes, she shut the great JQP down. She today proudly has the probationary nickname of BBB or Bitter Banker Bitch. Welcome and good will to you sister!

In other News:
When asked what news story he is currently investigating in the finest traditions of yellow journalism, “M. Chamberlain Newspaper Man” replied that he is doing in depth research into that infamous miscarriage of justice involving the Fatty Arbuckle Case and he soon feels he will have enough to go to press with.
Fatty
Your heard it here folks, the Fatty Arbuckle case is being reopened buy one brave newspaper man who is not afraid of the truth.

Today:
Back to the grindstone, I have a state site visit in 8 days to get set-up for, so its data time. I am hoping to cut out a bit early to help with a few fund raisers, for orphans and the lame. My appearance is much sought after at such events, due to the fact it adds a level of respectability and a giddy joy, to said events. How ever the one draw back is the damn paparazzi, they follow me everywhere; I am thinking about filing suit against both People Magazine and Reader Digest, they are the worst.
freakswithcamera
This was taken not more than ten minutes ago outside my office window, do you see how these people willingly violate my privacy. However I should note that the one in the back ground is Rose Alice, the current President of my Fan club and egg donor.

Your Bill for the Day:
"O coward conscience, how dost thou afflict me!" --From King Richard III (V, iii, 179)

Quote for the Day:
That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.
William J. H. Boetcker

I remain, blemish free:

JQP esq.