Thursday, June 16, 2005

I had to crawl through broken glass to get to my car last night:

Thought for the Day:
Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.
Aesop Greek slave & fable author (620 BC - 560 BC)

On all Day Trainings:
Yesterday, I was forced at gun-point to attend an all day training put on by Notre Dame’s business school. It was on leadership and much to my surprise, I enjoyed the training. The chair sucked, the room was to cold and the box lunch should of been shoved up the ass of the person who made it, but the content of the training was alright.

I was put on by the big minds in business leadership, etc… you know the kind of people who will sit there and tell you its ok that they make 300 mil. a year because damn-it they are better than the rest of us.

I know what your thinking, JQP you’re a liberal democrat, what the hell? ...and dear reader you would be right in saying so, but one thing Sun Tzu showed me when mommy read me his thoughts in the crib, was that “You must know your Enemy”. (some families had vaction homes, we had our own bunker at a "compound" in northern Montana)

Now to the point that I enjoyed, it seems my management style is back in vogue. It was taught the fine art of leadership in the military; it was a system that worked well for me. It had some simple ideas like, everyone pulls their own weight, success leads to merit, and privileges are earned.

Sadly. I started my professional career when the craze was “Team-Think”, “Work-Groups”, and the management philosophy was and this is no shit “there are no bad employees, only bad mangers” obviously, someone watched Bing Crosby in “Boys Town” one to many times before they got their MBA became a consultant and shoved that load of crap down everyone’s throats.

I must say, today I feel vindicated. Because, I run my staff like a platoon and folks it works, I let them slide when they have earned it, and work their tails off when it needs to be done, but most of all I lead from the front, not from behind a desk.

Last Night:
I sold over 48 tickets for the charity at the local “health spa’s” over by the cheap motels and the truck stop. It helped that I was with two members of the local law enforcement community. I also sold some at a few of the tap-houses on the city's un-fashionable south side. I was home by 7, and once again, against the odds, sober.

My bride however, was not feeling well, she had left work early in the afternoon, and spent the better part of the evening in bed, at her request I made some Gazpacho. I then watched BBC, I am getting to be a huge fan of “This is Britain”, that shit just tickles me to death, oh, I did call J "Thom the Jazz" man down in Memphis, to wish him a happy birthday one day early, at which point Mrs. JQP and I sang to him, I was glad I caught him, since he is going to “take the waters” at some spa resort in the mountains.

Oh and here is how to make:

JQP’s Gazpacho Soup
(and yes its served cold, with no cooking, think really, really, chunky salsa that you get to eat from the bowl. Nothing better on a hot day)

8 ripe Roma tomatoes
4 ripe Beef Heart tomatoes
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 cucumbers (pealed)
½ a white onion
1 clove of garlic
1 leek
10 radishes
1 zucchini (pealed)
1 turnip
1/4 cup olive oil
dash of vinegar
dash of salt
dash of pepper
dash of Tabasco
juice of ½ lemon or lime
One bottle Spicy V-8 (use the remainder for Bloody Mary’s)

Directions:
Shit this one is easy as hell. Dice everything and dump it all together cover and chill.

Your Vocabulary Words for the Week:

Biscuit Taken:
To have gotten violated or dominated in the worst way in a game, sport, or any kind of competition or to have gotten raped/violated by a big con in jail or burly lumberjack/redneck.

Examples:
"Damn man, did you see how Democrats got their biscuit taken?"
"I'm not gonna just sit here and get my biscuit taken, damnit!"
"She dumped your sorry ass, let's just face it, you got your biscuit taken."

Midas Fuck:
Root in Similar to the Midas Touch; The Midas Fuck is when the group sex fiend has sex any new female that comes around making them totally undesirable for anyone else to pursue due to the fear of disease or the knowledge that the “tramp” has already had sex with someone who has sexual connections with 80% of the western hemisphere, and parts of the southern.

Examples.
“Wow, Sarah is so hot, I should see if she wants to go see a movie or something”
“No way man, Dan gave her the Midas Fuck last week, she is a lost cause”
“Oh god, remember guys, she’s s a 15 foot minimum safe distance, any closer and you could get the Ebola-aids. I’ll go plastic wrap the couch again”

Kawaii Chibi Youkai:
Kawaii means cute, Chibi means child-like, and youkai is demon. So it means Cute, child-like demon. In current use, Zimbabwe and Angola.

Example:
John Q is a Kawaii Chibi Youkai

Puddle Guts:
The name of the person that receives male ejaculate on their stomach. In current common use in southern Australia with Australian Cattle Dog breeders and their families.

Example:
"She’s me’ little puddle guts ‘cos when I was going at ‘er hard, I yank’d me’ Johnny out and blew on her guts"

Remember to get extra credit you must use all the words and/or phrases in routine conversations today.

Your Bill for the Day:

SONNET 46
Mine eye and heart are at a mortal war
How to divide the conquest of thy sight;
Mine eye my heart thy picture's sight would bar,
My heart mine eye the freedom of that right.
My heart doth plead that thou in him dost lie--
A closet never pierced with crystal eyes--
But the defendant doth that plea deny
And says in him thy fair appearance lies.
To 'cide this title is impanneled
A quest of thoughts, all tenants to the heart,
And by their verdict is determined
The clear eye's moiety and the dear heart's part:
As thus; mine eye's due is thy outward part,
And my heart's right thy inward love of heart.

Quote of the Day:
What luck for rulers that men do not think.
Adolf Hitler German Nazi dictator, orator, & politician (1889 - 1945)

I remain, like a Golden Retriever, Steadfast and Loyal, while occasionally chewing the crotch out of your panties:

JQP esq.