Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Lost in Roman wilderness of Pain.....

Your thought for the Day:
A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.
Ralph Waldo Emerson US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)

The weekend that was:
Friday:
Well, dear reader I went to Indy Friday morning for my follow-up post surgery visit. And what a visit it was. The doctor took one look at my leg and said Wow, which I didn’t take as a good sign. He said there was way too much swelling, I thought swelling was normal after a surgery he said it was but not that much. My understanding is the normal knee has about 5 mm of fluid on it which is normal, and mine was well above that. Ergo, the pain I had been having.

He then gave me a local and pulled out the biggest needle I have ever seen in real life (think of those Bugs Bunny cartoons you watched as a kid) and shoved it in my knee. It was fuck A creepy feeling. I could feel him hitting bones etc. inside my knee. He then started pulling this stuff out, which was blood from a vessel that got nicked during the surgery, it was a lot like red cottage cheese, well the doctor pulled about 480mm from my knee and yes the swelling did go down and has stayed down, but fucking hell folks, that really sucked big dick.

They had told me this was going to be the easy surgery, if that’s the case the next one will truly fuck me up. We set a date about a month out, because I have a minor infection, so the date is the 29th of June for the big cut and getting the dead man’s knee put in. They already have his knee on ice just waiting on me.

The rest of the Weekend:
My wife and I spent the first weekend at home for a Memorial Day; sober, in years…many, many years. The funny thing was it was enjoyable. We read a few books, watched movies and cooked out. It was a very wholesome, kind of a Ward and June Clever on crutches thing.

Now for the downside, in my current state there is little I can do outside, which is killing me, I really love working outside. As many know, I am not handy on home remodeling projects but when it comes to gardening, I am the mother-fucking-man, dig it?

So, it’s been hard to watch her go out and work in what has been my world, Sunday we potted annuals for the porch and the walks and Monday she mulched the whole back yard and it looks great. I have been helping as much as I can, which pisses my off because there isn’t more I can do, and truth be known I was more than a little bit of a prick about the whole thing, I mean she even used my Webber charcoal grill, I mean damn, lame and nutless…

I know she was just trying to get things done that bothered me that I hadn’t had time to do before my first surgery and she knew it would make me happy, so there I go acting like a royal-ass-hole. So, I rubbed her back last night and made love at her request, which if you didn’t know is much easier with two legs than one, and told her how sorry I was for acting like a fuck.

Let’s just say May has been a fucking shitting month for us and June/July don’t hold a lot of promise to-date. Hats, off to my sweet and caring flower, she has really been going the extra mile in being a caregiver, at times a bit over board, but she says its helping her deal with her heath crisis earlier in the month. God Bless my sweet and loving wife.

Brother man, I am really feeling for those kids who are getting all kinds of fucked up over in Iraq right now, kind of makes me want to shut my pussy mouth, and keep on keeping on for my brothers and sisters in boots.

Retarded Male Orgasm:
Now that’s a fun title is it not? Besides throwing up I have found out a few other side effects of taking pain medication. Chiefly, I have found it is impossible to ejaculate, nope, none, nada.

Now I could understand not being able to rise to the occasion, but to not be able to plant your flag when you have climbed the summit, just plan old sucks big time. A lot of one legged work with no pay off. Now it normally takes me up to an hour to get to where I need to be anyway, but at least I get there.

As the sweet and loving Mrs. JQP says, in the first three months of a relationship I am a dream lover, but after that you realize that any sexual encounter will take the better part of an afternoon it isn’t as much fun. Quickies, what the hell are those? Sadly, I have always been this way, but damn, now not only does my leg hurt like a bitch and I can’t get off at all. What a long summer this is going to be.

Your Joke for the Day:
A priest was being honored at his retirement dinner after 25 years in the parish. A leading local politician and member of the congregation was chosen to make the presentation and give a little speech at the dinner. He was delayed so the priest decided to say his own few words while they waited. "I got my first impression of the parish from the first confession I heard here. I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place. The very first person who entered my confessional told me he had stolen a television set and, when stopped by the police, had almost murdered the officer. He had stolen money from his parents, embezzled from his place of business, had an affair with his boss's wife; taken illegal drugs, and gave VD to his sister.

I was appalled. But as the days went on I knew that my people were not all like that and I had, indeed, come to a fine parish full of good and loving people"... Just as the priest finished his talk, the local Republican Senator arrived full of apologies at being late. He immediately began to make the presentation and give his talk. "I'll never forget the first day our parish priest arrived," said the politician. "In fact, I had the honor of being the
first one to go to him in confession.........."

Stolen Post:
This is from http://glitzier_numerary.blogspot.com/ check the sweet thing out. I stole it because I have been sitting on the perfect pic to go along with it:

Feel my wrath! South Florida Style:
old people and hips

I forgot to share this when it happened.

A couple of weeks ago I stopped by a grocery store on the way home from work. It was actually on the first gorgeous day Ann Arborites had experienced in quite awhile. I parked kind of far back in the lot to enjoy the sunshine. Since there was some traffic in the parking lot, I walked down the right side of the road. The rears of the parked cars were to my right.

As I neared the crossing area to get to the store, I found myself walking behind one of the cars in the handicapped spaces. There was an elderly guy in the car. All of a sudden, his back up lights were on and the car started moving. I was directly behind this old dude's car.

He started honking at me. I hadn't stopped walking mind you. He was honking something fierce, too. So what did I do, I turned around and proceeded to yell at him.

"Why don't you watch where you're backing out?!"

Well, that was just too much for him. He started honking even more at me. By this time I was nearing the entrance of the store. Some people had looked around at the 'ruckus'; not a lot of yelling in parking lots goes on in Ann Arbor.

By the time I got in the store I wondered where the hell that came from. Apparently you can take the girl out of South Florida but you can't take the South Florida out of the girl.

Your Bill for the Day:
SONNET 9
Is it for fear to wet a widow's eye
That thou consumest thyself in single life?
Ah! if thou issueless shalt hap to die.
The world will wail thee, like a makeless wife;
The world will be thy widow and still weep
That thou no form of thee hast left behind,
When every private widow well may keep
By children's eyes her husband's shape in mind.
Look, what an unthrift in the world doth spend
Shifts but his place, for still the world enjoys it;
But beauty's waste hath in the world an end,
And kept unused, the user so destroys it.
No love toward others in that bosom sits
That on himself such murderous shame commits.

Quote of the Day:
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain US humorist, novelist, short story author, & wit (1835 - 1910)

I remain; late for court and wearing briefs:

JQP esq