Monday, May 02, 2005

Pissing up a rope can be fun and profitable:

Thought for the Day:
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan, 1892, Act I
Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet (1854 - 1900)

The Weekend in Review:

Friday:
I made a mad dash from Avilla to Terre Haute and then to Fort Wayne. Yes, a long shitty day on the road. I made it in time for the rehearsal and the dinner following, enjoying the company of people I had not seen in a long time. For the meal we had Jerked Chicken that was quite wonderful.

I had been looking forward to a shower and sleeping in my own bed after such a demanding day and a week on the road, but regretfully I had forgotten that my pretty and loving bride snores like a drunk Greek sailor. Needless to say, slumber did not come easy for me, at around 2:30 in the morning myself and the hounds relocated to the music room where we all were able to get a few hours of sleep before sunrise.


Saturday:
Well dear reader the wedding went well; you have not lived until you have heard the Trumpet Voluntary played on bagpipes. (Yes, that really happened) I found it interesting to be in a room with 63 cops and their wives/girlfriends. I don’t know about you but I find that women are their most beautiful two times in their life, their wedding day and when their pregnant. She made a very pretty bride. All in all it was a fun night, the lovely and captivating Mrs. JQP and I were in bed by 9:00 (see was d-r-u-n-k).

Sunday:
My flower made an outstanding breakfast, eggs, dilled Irish potatoes, rib-eyes, sliced tomatoes and rye toast. After that feast I started working in the yard, making new beds etc. trying to get as much done before I go under the knife in two weeks. I am fucking dreading my surgeries, its going to screw up my whole summer.

After that I my sweet and kind wife went to work promoting her current boy band and I went to the rugby bar to tip a few pints and enjoy the company of my fellow Sunday afternoon drinkers. Oddly enough I seemed to have enjoyed myself a bit to much, seeing as I stayed there until 9:00 pm and dropped about 60 bucks, which is a lot of beers and shots when you consider that I had every other one bought for me.

My Pussy is Bad-Ass:
my pussy is bad ass

Joke for the Day:
During a good manners and etiquette class, the teacher says to her students:

"If you were courting a well educated young girl from a prominent family and during a dinner for two you needed to go to the toilet, what would you say to her?"

Mike replies "Wait a minute, I'm going to take a piss"

The teacher says : "That would be very rude and improper on your part."

Charlie replies: "I'm sorry I need to go to the toilet, I'll be back in a minute."

The teacher says : "That's much better but to mention the word "toilet" during a meal, is unpleasant."

And Johnny says: "My dear, please excuse me for a moment. I have to go shake hands with a personal friend, whom, I hope, to be able to introduce to you after dinner. "

Your Bill for the Day:
"Give me my robe, put on my crown; I have
Immortal longings in me."
--From Antony and Cleopatra (V, ii, 282-283)

I just shit my pants
(Caption: “Hey ya’ll! No one can tell I cut the pockets out a my pants.”)

On Love:
I read somewhere a few weeks ago that we learn everything we need to know about love in middle school (Jr. High if your old as dirt like me). There is where we learn about the nuclear explosion of both falling in love and a relationships ending. That it’s in adulthood where we learn to put all the stuff in the middle and carve out a life for ourselves. I like stuff that makes me stop like that and think.

Quote of the Day:
You cannot have a proud and chivalrous spirit if your conduct is mean and paltry; for whatever a man's actions are, such must be his spirit.
Demosthenes, Third OlynthiacGreek orator & politician in Athens (384 BC - 322 BC)

I remain much like the redheaded step child at the family picnic:

JQP DVM