Thursday, April 28, 2005

Running around like my ass wus on fire and my head a catch'en:

Thought for the Day:
Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. Miriam Beard

The Story so Far:
Well dear reader, its been some time since I have had the time, will and ability to post. So, some up dates are in order.

Friday last we had the services for my grand father, I had the honor of delivering the eulogy. Which was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do, but I pulled it off, perhaps sometime when its not so raw I will post what I wrote. Suffice to say, I took my fathers death better, my grandfather was after all a great man.

After the funeral, I sadly had to hit the road. When I say after the funeral I mean right after and I have been on the road ever since. Today is my first day back in the office and I am only here till noon, then once again I am off traveling the highways and bi-ways of this great state.

A brief list of the places I have been to in the service of my fellow man include: Bluffton. Syracuse, Gas City, Terre Haute, Bedford, Shoals, Princeton, Owensville, Peru, Kokomo, Clinton, and Scottsburg. Oh, the many wonderful things, the many wonderful people I have encountered in my labors.

I am getting to be well known by local law enforcement, and distinguished members of the bar, in these towns a villages. Be warned, Governor Mitch Daniels, JQP esq. might just have to whoop yer’ ass come next election.

hat
The sweet and loving Mrs. JQP has been finding plenty to keep herself busy while I am gone.

I am thinking about starting a blog just on places to eat in Indiana, and odd thing I see along the road, say for instance the village of Young America (yes, that’s its name, I had to stop and take a picture on the sign) or say the old bombers from the 40’s and 50’s sitting out at the old Air Force base in Peru. Yes, dear reader, I can tell you where to get a good pork tenderloin, bowl of chili, slice of pie, in 72 counties.

As for excitement, I have not found any fun and nasty strip clubs, but I was involved in a high speed chase this week (FYI its as much fun being the chaser as being chased), after eating at an Amish restaurant on a lake. (Yes, it has been an interesting time). While my Bible sales are lagging, I have found that my trainings have been both well attended and well received by the members of the public service community.

Plans:
Well, I am heading up north today, followed by a mad dash south. I have a training on the Ohio river in the morning, and then home for the weekend.

I am in “Matt the Cop’s” Wedding Saturday, so I need to be back up here for the rehearsal Friday night. An early congratulations to him and his bride. I was back in town last Saturday for his bachelor party. And dear reader what a time that was, Mrs. JQP and myself ended up in the back off a limo with another couple. Let’s suffice to say and nudity, alcohol and extreme sex acts were a factor. So, at some point I do need to go to confession.

norton8cv

Todays Bill:
"Then must you speak Of One that lov'd not wisely but too well." --From Othello (V, ii, 343-344)

Self-Care and/or Lack there Of:
My flower thinks I need some down time, she is right, I have been burning the candle at both ends this month. I am trying to get as much done before my surgeries next month. She brought up the point that I have not even had time to morn my family’s loss. Well, I think I will have plenty of time for that when I am in the hospital.

I find myself, missing those who are dear to me (those recent those from long ago, souls that touched and knew each other) longing for a touch, a word, a conversation, and feeling an empty spot in my heart….

All. In all…what a long strange trip it had been and continues to be.

Quote for the Day:
Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything. Charles Kuralt

On the Road with Willie, I remain:

JQP esq.