Thursday, April 07, 2005

Short and to the Point:

Thought for the Day:
An expert is a person who avoids small error as he sweeps on to the grand fallacy.
Benjamin Stolberg

President Bush and Junk Bonds:
I don’t know how many of you caught the Boy-King this week showing everyone the bonds for the Social Security System, yes they are paper US Treasury Bonds. He then went on to tell the American people that there is not an account full of money, that there are just these papaer bonds. He led the viewing public to believe that they were worthless. My point is that its wonderful that he showed us and the world his views on US Treasury Bonds, please don’t act surprised if the markets react.

Great Leader
News flash, Bonds, that’s how the Boy-Kings wars are being financed.

On Health:
Well dear children, Uncle JQP did not get the news he had hoped for at my visit to my new surgeon. Yes, pain and several surgeries are in my future. However, the creepy part is that I have to wait until someone dies. (Ok, you can stop the Terri jokes now). I don’t know how I feel about having dead person parts in me, which is odd since I am a donor. Yes, I am going to be all fucked up most of the summer, joy fucking joy.
shaggin on the sand
What is sadest of all dear reader is that my first love, the world of interpretive dance is now in up in the air, let alone my love of being beaten to a bloody pulp in a fast and hard match of Rugby. This my life, my lifestyle, is now in question. Thank God, I still have my voice to fall back on.
big hit in the East
The plus side is that its not going to be done by the VA and since it is experimental, a few doctors from Bethesda will be there to learn how to do it so they can help the troops.

Jimmy, Condi, Bubba, W, and the Holy Father:
WASHINGTON -- President Bush arrived in Rome last night for Pope John Paul II's funeral, bringing with him a delegation of US dignitaries -- as well as a public-relations headache over a botched invitation to former President Jimmy Carter.
Jimmy and the Pope
Bush will appear at the pontiff's funeral tomorrow with former Presidents George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton. But Carter, the first president to invite a pope to the White House, will not be there.

''I'm very disappointed he isn't going," said Mary Hoyt, Rosalynn Carter's former press secretary, recalling the Carters' warmth for the pope. ''I think he belongs there." A statement from Carter's office earlier this week said the former president had asked the White House whether he could join the US delegation at the funeral but was told that space was limited and other US dignitaries were eager to attend. The White House said that it had extended an invitation and noted that the Vatican, not the White House, limited the US delegation to five people. Laura Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice round out the US delegation.

But some see Carter, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and an outspoken opponent of the Iraq war, as deliberately excluded. (Gee, my Magic Eight-Ball says “Highly Probable”.)

Todays Bill:
"We are such stuff
As dreams are made on and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep..."
--From The Tempest (IV, i, 156-157)

Quote for the Day:
One of the most sublime experiences we can ever have to to wake up feeling healthy after we have been sick.
Rabbi Harold Kushner

I remain, ever so humble:

JQP DDS