Friday, April 01, 2005

Happy Birthday W

(if it isn’t it should be)

Thought for the Day:
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan, 1892, Act I
Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet (1854 - 1900)

On a Friday here at the Penal Colony:
Great Grandpa Pic
Today, my place of employment has taken on the air of “Devils Island” or more properly called “Île du Diable”. Perhaps you recognize this reference from a movie staring Mr. Steve McQueen (a personal hero of yours truly) and a lesser known actor named Dustin Hoffman, the movie was called “Papillon”, but I digress.

I walked in the office and was greeted with a “where the fuck have you been” which in chicken little speak means “the sky is falling, the sky is falling”. Two complaints and staff member who is stepping on their dick and everyone trying to shift the blame.

John Q. to the rescue, yes, today I am the whipping boy. The music stopped and I am left standing. So, while everyone else is busy covering their collective asses, I am hard at work solving said problems, which in due course they will take the credit for, you see dear reader, that’s why I am a team player.

On the Dreams of Youth:
However, I could always fall back on my first love that of Bull Fighting. Yes, not many people know this but I was famous in the early 90’s on the amateur Bull Fighting circuit. People from small towns across Ohio and northern Kentucky might remember me. I was a Hero.

Oh, how the crowd would chant my name “!Signor Public, via Public!” as I walked into the ring. In fact women of all sizes would throw themselves at me, often fights would break out, as they vied for my attention. Those were the days of wine & roses, I remember them fondly.

Sadly however, my career was cut short, in its prime.
spanish rice
It was during my long painful recovery, that decided to study the medical sciences , so off to one of the most well respected medical schools in the Bahamas I went, and the rest as they say is history.

Why, do I bring this up you may ask? Well, dear reader, I find myself today, feeling much the same way I did that fateful day, oh so long ago. Fucking hit in the Balls.

On the Walk of Life:
After teaching last night, I returned to the manor house around 10:30pm for a meal of left-overs, in front of the TV, (got have my fix of C-SPAN, CNN and BBC).

Oddly my Flower was still awake, she had in my absence watched a movie called the “Notebook” and proceeded to tell me all about it, in detail. She then broke down crying. Yes, it was chic-flick night at the House of Public. I am very glad she watches those things while I am gone.

Ok, news flash, I am a guy, why in the fuck would I watch a movie that will make me cry. I see enough of that shit at mother fucking work. That and I am a pussy, on those rare occasions when she has tricked me into watching a chic-flick, I fucking cry like a little girl.

Example: “The English Patient” so told me it was a war movie, lying bitch, and now she loves to tell people how not only do I cry at chic-flicks, that I will leave the room if "Old Yeller” or "Charlottes Web" is on (I will and I do).

Well, anyway, mamma was oh so lovey-dovey last night which is often the case after a sad romantic movie, so this morning it was easy for me to talk her into giving me a blow-job and the check-book. See, fellows there is a plus side. That and I love the Sweet and ever Kind Mrs. JQP, my Little Flower.

Since my flower is hanging out with a profession hockey team tonight (yes, she really is) and I am not even close to being a fan of the sport, I am going out and about. I plan to get some of my chums forom my days at Harvard together and wreck havoc.
some of my chums from Eaton
(Caption: some of my colleagues from the Hospital and the Courts, with Pastor Bob in the middle)

Let lose the dogs of war. Lock your doors, hide your women, we are coming home with our shields or on them. Either that or I might go home and prank call the PBS telethon (that’s always good for shits and giggles).

In Other News:
Yeah, Terri’s body finally caught up with her soul. News flash, she has been gone for a long, long time.

The Pope got last rights, it wont be long before someone is shouting his name and hitting him in the head with a silver ball pen hammer (yes, they really do that and that’s why I am a member of this progresive religion). So, a shout-out is in order to the Big-Guy up-stairs for the Holy Father.


Your Political Thought for the Day:
open minded
(Ed. Note: Now, please don’t think I am anti-homosexual, I support gay marriage, hell, why shouldn't they be allowed to experience the joys of d-i-v-o-r-c-e, property division and attorney fees, I mean damn, for those who practice law its an “un-tapped” market.

But, I really have a problem with the vice-resident. Well; problem is a bit of an understatement, he’s a prick, there enough said.)

Your Bill for the Day:
"Done to death by slanderous tongue
Was the Hero that here lies"
--From Much Ado About Nothing (V, iii, 3-4)

Quote of the Day:
Perseverance is more prevailing than violence; and many things which cannot be overcome when they are together, yield themselves up when taken little by little.
Plutarch, Greek biographer & moralist (46 AD - 120 AD)

I remain, primed for a fight:

JQP JD MD