Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Cold Feet and a Warm Heart:

on the pipe

Thought for the Day:
Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

On The Day Ahead:
I woke wondering if it would be better to spend the day at an opium den deep in my cities vibrant Chinatown, with pipe in hand, tripping the light fantastic.

Yes, such is the day ahead of me. I have three grants, state meetings and some time on the road looming, but today, I have made a decision, I will give myself a “self-granted-perk” and take part if not most of the day off. Its going to be 70 today and I don’t want to let the day go by unexplored and/or unrealized.

On Last Night:
After a long walk with the hounds I made a supper of stakes and potatos (Rib-Pie is later in the week), to celebrate the warm weather we are enjoying in this God Forsaken ice-box that is northern Indiana. Yes, brothers and sisters it is soon time to once again tend to my award wining paw-paw bushes. On a tour of the manor estate I made notes of the things that must be done in order to once again have the "House of Public" lay claim to the best gardens in my inter-city neighborhood.

After time spent out and about, my bride and I sat down to watch a movie, Taxi… now I am a fan of she who is Queen, but damn that movie did more than suck, its sucks, blows and spits in into your face, without regard to tip.

You are better served watching the home shopping network for two hours.

Today’s Bill:
My only love sprung from my only hate!
Too early seen unknown, and known too late!"
--From Romeo and Juliet (I, v, 140-141)

Quote of the Day:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill, (attributed)
British politician (1874 - 1965)

I remain, asleep at the switch:

JQP esq.