Monday, March 28, 2005

another day on the line...

Your Thought for a Monday:
Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense.
Arnold Bennett

On the Road:
Sadly I had a rather limited Easter weekend, my sweet and loving wife fell ill Sunday, which of course put a bit of a damper on the festivities. I how ever did mange to cook the lamb close to being done, allowing my brother command of the grill, before returning to the manor house to tend to my bride. I am told it was a wonderful meal enjoyed by many.

Or weekend was a quite one, Friday after church we stayed in and I made a Sicilian pasta dish (we were both tired of eating fish so we went with vegetables) and watched movies. I built a fire, Saturday morning and we had breakfast in front of it, then off to the mall to get measured for a tux (I am the best man in a wedding at the end of April).

While there we went shopping and I bought a few dresses for my kind and sexy wife, that when we returned home she tryed back on and announced that they would not due and that she was going to have to return them all (women, I just don’t understand them at times).

We then when to several home centers and priced materials for my latest home remodeling project (yes, the up-stairs bath is a still a work in progress, but the end is near, I am going to start on the kitchen this summer). After a day out and about we went to dinner, where I enjoyed some stuffed cod and shrimp and my flower had a T-bone, we were joined by Matt the Heating and Air guy and later for drink by “Tiny” good company and a good meal. We were home in bed by midnight. All in all nothing very exciting.

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 40
Take all my loves, my love, yea, take them all;
What hast thou then more than thou hadst before?
No love, my love, that thou mayst true love call;
All mine was thine before thou hadst this more.
Then if for my love thou my love receivest,
I cannot blame thee for my love thou usest;
But yet be blamed, if thou thyself deceivest
By wilful taste of what thyself refusest.
I do forgive thy robbery, gentle thief,
Although thou steal thee all my poverty;
And yet, love knows, it is a greater grief
To bear love's wrong than hate's known injury.
Lascivious grace, in whom all ill well shows,
Kill me with spites; yet we must not be foes.

Your Quote of the Day:
A person is never happy except at the price of some ignorance.
Anatole France French novelist (1844 - 1924)

Nose to the Grind-Stone, I remain:

JQP esq.