Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Broken Dreams and Empty Bottles:

Thought for the Day:
To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity.
Irving Wallace

fest girl piss
(It’s make your own comment day)

Since it is Wednesday, August 02, 2006 and I have some distance from my end of July blow-out, here is an abbreviated list of the events and people who made up my last four days. Please note: Alcohol and the abuse of over the counter cold medications where key factors in what can best be described as my “cloudy memories”.

Little Kevin came in from Arizona, he is like a little brother to me, we were in both college and the Army together, and I dont like him, which can make for some interesting evenings out and about.

All activity was mostly limited to the Rugby Bar, by and by, due to our fear of inflecting injury and/or insult to civilian populations.

Little Kevin returned items he had borrowed 4 years ago when he moved to Phoenix in the middle of the night.

My Flower served as an on-call taxi service, and gets an A+ in the supportive wife department, even though she tried to feed me picked fish on toasted bread points after one action packed evening.

I read two books, both of which sucked, however I did smoke 12 great cigars.

I drank a bottle of Irish whisky with a Northern Irishman covered in Provo tattoos. His name is Irish Bob.

M. Chamberlain, and I tried to drink one of every beer in the cooler. We were very, very unsuccessful.

I realized I have not cooked any BBQ yet this summer. However, over the weekend I made: pepper chicken, stuffed flounder, and home made Cesar salad.

I lost the ability to form coherent sentences, on more than one occasion.

At one point I found myself sitting with a extended redneck family at a bar even I wouldnt want to go to, drinking shots of Ouzo with my old friend the Serbian-Sniper, he wanted to introduce me to his new girl friend whose name is Rose-Alice, both her and her whole family are carnies and sell Elephant ears. They live in River Haven.

I got into no fist fights.

My wife had a Sex-Toy-Pamper Chef-Scrap-Book Party. I made cheese dip and cucumber sandwiches, I made them in the nude. My Flower gladly gave me a ride to the Pub shortly before her party started. When I got home I found they drank all my: Gin, Vodka, Rum, plus 6 bottles of wine.

I went Trap-Shooting. I did well. Afterward, I smelled of man sweat and gun powder, as you know the chic’s dig it.

I and a close group of like minded individuals watched 1970’s reruns of Hee Haw at a seedy bar, singing along.

Later I played the following: Frank Zappa, Leonard Skynard, Pouges, AC/DC, Gordon Lighfoot, Bee Gees, Lita Ford, Asia, Ministry, Jim Croce, Black Oak Arkansas, DCD, and Dolly Pardon singing Ballad of the Green Berets. Soon after that I was bared from playing anymore music.

It’s still hot as shit.

I prank called both Buckingham Palace and the Israeli Armed Forces Headquarters with a cell phone I found, it turns out the cell phone belonged to M. Chamberlain.

M. Chamberlain pointed out we did not get pulled over by the police and blame it on the Jews at any point during our night(s) out.

I did however get into a disagreement with a Free Mason; over their secret all man sexual rituals and their taste for fully cooked Catholic babies.

George Bush is a Free Mason.

Setting off bottle rockets in a packed bar is often just cause for being asked to leave.

I quoted King Lear at length.

We are starting Indiana’s first and foremost Irish Road Bowling Team; M. Chamberlain is our team Captain.

I somehow forgot to take the medications that the doctors say keep me alive, all weekend. With the expected effects.

I hate the New Yorker Magazine.

Weekend after next, I am going to Memphis to see Memphis Tom, Pastor Bob is driving.

I spent most of yesterday in either doctor’s offices or ER. I am on all new pills, some of which make me happy.

This week is Nolff’s Birthday, I knitted him a new pair of knee high socks. I got passed over to be grand marshal in his parade again this year. Hey, how was I suppose to know the horses would spook that easy.

I like France, but Albanian women a hot.

My work sucks right now, I am working in three different programs, with diffent bosses, goals and ideas on how the job should be done.

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 4
Unthrifty loveliness, why dost thou spend
Upon thyself thy beauty's legacy?
Nature's bequest gives nothing but doth lend,
And being frank she lends to those are free.
Then, beauteous niggard, why dost thou abuse
The bounteous largess given thee to give?
Profitless usurer, why dost thou use
So great a sum of sums, yet canst not live?
For having traffic with thyself alone,
Thou of thyself thy sweet self dost deceive.
Then how, when nature calls thee to be gone,
What acceptable audit canst thou leave?
Thy unused beauty must be tomb'd with thee,
Which, used, lives th' executor to be.

Quote of the Day:
You must pray that the way be long, full of adventures and experiences.
Constantine Peter Cavafy

I remain, your spark plug of regret:

JQP esq.