Thursday, July 20, 2006

I stomp my own grapes:

Thought for the Day:
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.
John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987

Karl_Valentin
(Long after the party was over, I continued to play on. Some blame my abuse of over-the-counter cold medicines, but you the reader know for me it’s all about the music.)

Random things on a Rainy Humid Indiana Thursday:

Stem Cell Research, ok, common fucking sense… a embryo in not a fucking human, nope, never, when it grows and comes out of its mommy then it’s a human. I don’t go to KFC and order fried fucking chicken and when they serve me scrambled eggs call it the same fucking thing.

My Flower got a small case of poison ivy and you would think she has leprosy.

I am big today in Finland, Alabama, and Iran.

I heard some genius on NPR yesterday go on and on about how the US has no history and/or knowledge of how to fight a “stateless enemy”. Wow, I guess that guys parents never let him watch any John Wayne movies, ask a American Indian how well we did at our war on their race, or has My Flower reminded me while singing the Marine Corp Hymn during our love-making last night, “…the shores of Tripoli” which if I recall correctly was a campaign against the Barbary Pirates, if not they could ask the British, they have centuries of experience with it and even after being attacked two years ago they have not started striping civil liberties.

I called the Giant Irishman last night and he was out on a date, with a girl.

My tomato plants are like mutants, about up to 5 feet tall. I love me some tomatoes.

We ate at the Macedonian Road House last night, chiefly because I didn’t feel like cooking. In the course of conversation with the colorful local population there (this is no-shit), we learned that one man, who I will call Burns, mostly because that’s his name, is a proud descendant of redneck hillbillies and snake handlers. He is also dating 4 women, because he like 3 sums (no I didn’t correct him on his math) one of which is a midget who I might add is the proud owner of a two headed pig. Another gentleman asked me if I would be willing to roof his shotgun shack down by the river, after my Flower told him my Raccoon story he retracted his offer, that’s ok I would have politely declined.

My ass hurts but I am told it is healing nicely.

Every ex-Army etc... guy I seem to meet was in the Special Forces/Navy Seals/Rangers/Marine Recon. Fucking hell, when did we take them up to Division strength? What’s odd, is 98.9% cant tell me how to get around at Ft. Bragg, or where Jump School is. Guess a lot of things have changed since I was in boots.

Kevlar helmets are pussy and you can’t wash your ass in them. I still have the first one I was issued, my wife uses it as a planter.

I get to see how well we did on the roof today, it’s supposed to rain all day.

Lebanon, man, one tribe you really don’t want to piss off is the Israelis, shame the Lebanese couldn’t police their own shit because…lets see ummm, gee all the support promised them didn’t come (thanks to us, the UN and the EU). Come to think about it, I will when elected solve our Iraq problem by sub-contracting the whole thing out to the IDF. Over all, the whole Lebanese thing makes me sad; I have always had a soft spot in my heart land at its peoplet. It was once known as the Paris of the Middle East, think a more exotic Vegas with a bit more class and they were just starting to get into rebuilding the place after a few decades of civil war. Also, I should add the Lebanese chics are hot.

When a Hippy tries to sell you food from his van and the best thing he can say is “dude, its like farm raised” don’t buy it. Also, Hippies don’t chew tobacco which they call gross. Ok, internal menstrual cups are ok, but spiting tobacco instead of smoking it is gross?

Did you know that you really can’t roller-skate in a buffalo herd?

Blog Quote of the Day:
Was watching the news this morning before heading into work and they had a clip of Bush talking about the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon. I wasn’t paying it all that much attention because I was busy trying to wake up at the time, but I could’ve sworn that at one point Bush used the phrase “Hezbollian attacks.” It sounded like such a stupid turn of phrase that I wrote it off as me still being half asleep, but it turns out that’s exactly what he said. You know, as though the fighters were from Hezbollastan. From an all around nice guy at http://stupidevilbastard.com/

Todays Bill:
"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
From Macbeth (V, v, 19)

Quote of the Day:
Knowledge is power, if you know it about the right person.
Ethel Mumford

I remain, stomping through the vineyards where the grapes of wrath are stored:

JQP esq.