Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Ramblings of the Naked:

Thought for the Day:
If you believe the doctors, nothing is wholesome; if you believe the theologians, nothing is innocent; if you believe the military, nothing is safe.
Lord Salisbury

I am not feeling all that creative this morning, my mind keeps going back to work shit and some changes afoot there. So, since I have nothing of note here is a half ass posting, enjoy…

What type of Coffee do you drink:
At home Folgers French Roast, out and about, whatever the truck-stops I frequent serve, I am after all a member of the proletariat.

Your favorite drink:
Sweet Tea by far, after that Miller-Rumplemizt (when I am on a mission or out with the boys) and Bombay Sapphire Gin & Tonics (quinine tonic only) with two limes, thank-you

How do you vote:
I vote for the person, just as every informed American should do, however in my case I vote for the person as long as they are not Republican.

Do you have a hobby:
Besides making scale copies of bridges built from 1400 to 1800 out of matchsticks? I would have to say my chief hobby is having experiences, the more the better.

Did you go to college:
Yes, as those fuckers from student loans like to remind me.

What are listening to:
NPR, its early morning. Throughout the day however, I have been listing to Texas Swing, Grand Funk, Steppenwolf, Nina Simon and Miles Davis

Things I have been reading:
My current theme is Roman Histories and Histories of the British Empire from 1850 to 1950.

Something people would be surprised to know about you:
You would have to ask people, how the hell do I know.

Is your life a well lived one:
Lived well yes, well lived, I am to busy for introspection, isn’t that more of a deathbed kind of thing?

Thing you value most:
My relationships.

Do you attend religious services:
Yes, religiously. If you led my life wouldn’t you?

Favorite meal:
Pork roast with dumplings and fresh green beans. Just like Ma used to make, I have not had that since 1990 when she died. However my favorite meal of the day is breakfast.

Things you have on my bedside table:
My Rosary, a NATO coaster I got the mid-80s during Reforger and books that put me to sleep.

When did you lose your virginity:
13, I matured early, some boys have a bar mitzvah, I had sex.

When did you last have sex:
Cheeky bastard, with myself or others?

Number of people I have had sex with:
I could give you a rough guess, but a gentleman never tells.

Dream Job:
I have always wanted to be both Pope and King.

Favorite Sexual Position:
The Secret Flying “8”, practiced only by yogi masters and certain sects of Old Order Amish, I hold a 3rd degree belt in the art.

Kinkiest thing I have ever done:
Let’s see, most of the things I enjoy are illegal in southern states, how about a Fijian Grand Slam, I have done that twice

Countries you have visited:
To long a list, how about best and worst, Spain (I think Interpol still has warrants) and Somalia, I still have dreams about that place.

Biggest fault:
Biggest, my there are so many, and isn’t it our faults that add color to life? How about this, I always want to see what’s over the next mountain.

Places you would like to go:
Cuba, I would like to see the old family place, I enjoy Nova Scotia, I feel at home both there and SC. In a few weeks I am heading Memphis for a visit and to get some BBQ.

Are you married or in a serous relationship:
I am in fact married, working on a decade with the same woman (next time just lease), however I don’t know many who would call our relationship serious. That Mrs. JQP is just such a card.

Ever had a bad break-up:
I don’t know of many “break-ups” that are good; if they were they would be called leaving-you-happy-party-time. However, I have had in fact a few of the later.

Number of times married:
3, sounds bad doesn’t it? In my defense, the first was when I was 17 years old and 1000 miles away from home, I was homesick, in truth I should have gotten a dog not a wife, but to this day I wish my ex-wife and former high school best buddy all the joy and happiness they deserve. Both the next two were to the same woman (the pretty and petite Mrs. JQP) one on a drunken lark at the Horry Co. Court House in South By-God Carolina and the second at a Cathedral with all the smells and bells (I got an annulment for my first one, in only two months and for amazing low price of 75.00 bucks, yes it pays to know someone at the Vatican).

What are you wearing right now:
A Tuba and a Montanyard loin cloth, ok really my black silk pj bottoms a dressing robe and a smile.

Income:
I prefer to think of my economic situation has one that is more outcome based.

Type of work:
Governmental (heavy on the mental aspect) social services type stuff (what can I say, I am after all a people person) I also do contract work for the Hong Kong Triads and various friendly governments.

Jewelry I wear:
Crucifix and a Saint medal (I have several so I can switch them out based on my perceived need) a scapular and my wedding ring (which was sized two sizes to small, so when we got married there was no way it would come off).

Your Mail Order Brides for the Week:
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Aynura
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Elena_f
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Margokiss
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Gulder

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 97
How like a winter hath my absence been
From thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year!
What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen!
What old December's bareness every where!
And yet this time removed was summer's time,
The teeming autumn, big with rich increase,
Bearing the wanton burden of the prime,
Like widow'd wombs after their lords' decease:
Yet this abundant issue seem'd to me
But hope of orphans and unfather'd fruit;
For summer and his pleasures wait on thee,
And, thou away, the very birds are mute;
Or, if they sing, 'tis with so dull a cheer
That leaves look pale, dreading the winter's near.
(yes, I guess I am a bit moody today)

Quote for the Day:
The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes.
Henry Kissinger


I remain, much like your childhood imaginary friend, the one who often wet your bed:

JQP esq.