Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Naked Sky Diving Jive Turkeys and other Campfire Stories:

Thought for the Day:
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Indiana Home-Boy of the Day:
jim_jones
(Rev. Jim “Kool-Aid” Jones. Would you follow this man?)

Some things Observed over the past few Days:

Hangovers last for two days.

Rumplemizt is juice from Satin’s Ass.

Canons are cool.

Mortars are cool.

Automatic weapons are cool.

Blowing shit up first thing on a Saturday morning, priceless.

My truck smells of Cordite, BBQ and man sweat.

Sky diving naked is fun but not as socially acceptable as one might believe.

I get VIP pricing at the Macedonian Road House.

My wife’s mood swings during her period can be both terrifying and humorous.

That when your bride scares up a wild turkey by driving at high rate of speed on back woods roads in northern Michigan, while calling you every cuss word she can think of, nothing good can happen.

A 20 pound Butter Ball is not something that is fun to have slamming through your windshield at 80+ miles an hour.

I got Man Points for plucking and dressing the turkey, while bleeding and in pain.

Never trust a in-law to sew up your face, no matter how many stitches they have had in the past.

My neck hurts.

People from Michigan like me and want to be my friend.

There is something about the joy of giving a Michigan child their first pair of shoes.

Teaching them that they go on their feet can be a little more trying.

Dog stew gives me gas.

I was given a camouflaged baseball hat and a pair of hunter orange socks.

I am now a member of the tribe.

My work sucks, but its a growth industry.

I have a gay stalker, who calls my office 6 times a day.

Gay men think I have cute ass.

I do.

Speaking of ass, I am cooking flank steak on the Barbie tonight.

The guy from the Out-Back commercial annoys the fuck out of me.

My flowers have come up nicely.

My Magnolia tree bloomed after 3 years of waiting and that night we had a hail storm, it doesn’t look so pretty now.

I wish Angelina Jolie would hit on me more often.

I would do her prego-style.

Some women lactate for no reason.

I enjoy home-made Kailua.

I have met my deductible for the year.

The Kilt Question
(Look a tader sack, all the way from Scotland)

Bill for the Day:

SONNET 33
Full many a glorious morning have I seen
Flatter the mountain-tops with sovereign eye*,
Kissing with golden face the meadows green,
Gilding pale streams with heavenly alchemy;
Anon permit the basest clouds to ride
With ugly rack* on his celestial face,
And from the forlorn world his visage hide,
Stealing unseen to west with this disgrace*:
Even so my sun one early morn did shine
With all triumphant splendor on my brow;
But out, alack! he was but one hour mine;
The region cloud hath mask'd him from me now.
Yet him for this my love no whit disdaineth;
Suns of the world may stain when heaven's sun staineth.

Quote for the Day:
There is no wisdom without love.
N. Sri Ram

I remain a rhyme, without reason:

JQP esq.