Wednesday, April 12, 2006

From the Desk of JQP:

Thought for the Day:
For believe me: the secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and greatest enjoyment is - to live dangerously.
Friedrich Nietzsche

saleman of the year
(Why do I get such a perverse joy in fucking with the intern? Even when it’s not my intern or my company, hell not even my line of work?)

On the J-O-B:
I have a press conference this afternoon. I had to go home and put on my Brooks Brothers suit and Italian silk tie. I clean up nice; hell, I even trimmed my nose hair in case I get a close up.

On Books Over Lunch:
I was asked at a lunch meeting yesterday, what were some of the formative works I read that contributed to my political views. In order of importance, the authors: The Gospels, Thomas Paine, Saul Alinsky, Huey Long and Malcolm X. I think I was asked so they could make sure that their children didn’t have access to these tomes of critical thought. My regret in this meeting was that, it wasn’t where I wanted to eat, however I did stop at an Amish bakery on the way home and got a pie and two loafs of fresh bread.

On this morning:
I got asked out to breakfast by my loving flower, which was a surprise. We dined this morning at a local restaurant favored by the power elite of our fare city. She stuck me with the bill, but the company was well worth it.

Pope Ben
(I had a Pope Benedict, since it’s close to Easter and all.)

Your Mail Order Brides for the Week:
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Marya
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=TanyaKrasa
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Dinay
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=annpitt
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Leelo
(The last one looks like girls I used to date, mean, mean grils)

Today’s Bill (this one is for you):

SONNET 28
How can I then return in happy plight,
That am debarr'd the benefit of rest?
When day's oppression is not eased by night,
But day by night, and night by day, oppress'd?
And each, though enemies to either's reign,
Do in consent shake hands to torture me;
The one by toil, the other to complain
How far I toil, still farther off from thee.
I tell the day, to please them thou art bright
And dost him grace when clouds do blot the heaven:
So flatter I the swart-complexion'd night,
When sparkling stars twire not thou gild'st the even.
But day doth daily draw my sorrows longer
And night doth nightly make grief's strength seem stronger.

Quote of the Day:
If a man withdraws his mind from the love of beauty, and applies it as sincerely to the love of the virtuous; if, in serving his parents, he can exert his utmost strength; if, in serving his prince, he can devote his life; if in his intercourse with his friends, his words are sincere - although men say that he has not learned, I will certainly say that he has.
Confucius

I remain your dry well of introspection and self control:

JQP esq.