Thursday, March 23, 2006

It’s a No-Love-Thursday:

Thought for the Day:
When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
Japanese Proverb

starbuck
(I would like to dedicate today to one of the greatest TV stars of my generation, a man with a certain devil may can, live life to its fullest attitude, whether blowing-up evil robots or trying to bed underage refugees, Starbuck, truly a man for all seasons.)

Once again:
This day will pass with no drunken barbs traded by yours truly. I however will endeavor to do so sober, wherever I find myself in the course of my servitude. To you my fellow members of this most illustrious of drinking clubs I wish you God-Speed and let bitterness abound this day, soulfully you are each missed.

Last night:
I stayed at work and rolled out a total of 7 grants. Today my goal is 7 more, a few 12 hour days are in order, since this great state as seen if fit to eliminate a few of my vital funding streams in an effort to realign priorities.

Later tonight I am driving up to the north end of the state to do a training for a dedicated group of professionals. Trust me, they will leave well informed and highly skilled. Last night my flower worked late, tonight I work late, tomorrow she works late and Saturday I am teaching. Times like this I am glad we don’t have children. Such is the busy life of the working poor.

I seem to be in a somewhat better mood; however rest assured that within the first hour of the day, something will happen that will sour the sprit. Such is the life of a man in the public eye.

Your Political Statement for the Week:
hairy No War
(See why I support the Peace Movement? Acts like this help Middle-America identify with us in the movement, they see that we are "Really Serous" about stopping the war; I am with these two hotties, fuck Bush! FREE LEONARD PELTIER !!!!! Vote Zappa! ...but then again I have a thing for angry women with hairy pits.)

tray guy

Your Drinks for the Week (A Repeat from the Archives)

The Bush Ranger:
Drink Ingredients:
2 oz. Light Rum
1 Lemon Twist
1 dash Bitters
1/2 oz. Dubonnet Rouge

Instruction:
In a mixing glass half-filled with ice cubes, combine the rum, Dubonnet, and bitters. Stir well. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with the lemon twist.

Horny Girl:
Drink Ingredients:
1 Part Peppermint Schnapps
1 Part Kahlua

Instruction:
Add the coffee liqueur first since it is heavier than the schnapps. Slowly add the peppermint schnapps. I like to serve them in a water glass.

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 50
How heavy do I journey on the way,
When what I seek, my weary travel's end,
Doth teach that ease and that repose to say
'Thus far the miles are measured from thy friend!'
The beast that bears me, tired with my woe,
Plods dully on, to bear that weight in me,
As if by some instinct the wretch did know
His rider loved not speed, being made from thee:
The bloody spur cannot provoke him on
That sometimes anger thrusts into his hide;
Which heavily he answers with a groan,
More sharp to me than spurring to his side;
For that same groan doth put this in my mind;
My grief lies onward and my joy behind.

Quote of the Day:
There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the idea of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious. Bono

I remain, the most interesting person at the faculty cocktail party:

JQP esq.