Thursday, March 09, 2006

White Power!...need I say more?

Thought for the Day:
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. Mahatma Gandhi

It's a No-Love-Thursday:
...and I am still not drinking. Nope, nada, none. However, I was real close yesterday, there is something about 3:30 in the afternoon makes my ass want to go find a bar stool and a cold beer.

So, instead of going and having a beer I went and rented Jarhead and bought some beef jerky. The movie was ok, pretty much close to the book. It made me homesick for boots and automatic weapons. Keeping in the sprit of the day; I wish you all a bitter day, and sucess in inflicting psyco-trama on your play-mates.

Redneckbikini
(Its make your own caption day, I am to busy to use my wit and charm today. I know you will not let the team down.)

Today's Bill:
"Oft expectation fails, and most oft there
Where most it promises; and oft it hits
Where hope is coldest, and despair most fits."
--From All's Well That Ends Well (II, i, 145-147)

Your Poem of the Day:
(This is the first few lines of one of my favorite poems; I like to think of it as my mantra during these troubled times.)

HOWL by Allen Ginsberg
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked,
dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn
looking for an angry fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly
connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,
who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat
up smoking in the supernatural darkness of
cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities
contemplating jazz,

Quote of the Day:
Dreams that do come true can be as unsettling as those that don't. Brett Butler, 'Knee Deep in Paradise'

All my best parts,

JQP