Thursday, March 02, 2006

On Hang-nails and new Bruising:

Thought for the Day:
Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

It’s a No-Love-Thursday:
…and I with ash still fresh on my face I start my season of Lent. I shall not count myself among the multitude of the esteemed judges of horse flesh and bitter hops, for I brothers and sisters have taken the pledge.

Until the celebration of Easter, I will refrain from liquid mind altering substances. The only exception beside that of my weak will power and or moral code, would be that of the celebration of the feast day of Saint Patrick, for which our Bishop (often known as the Great and Powerful Oz) lifts Lent restrictions (it helps that he is Irish).

To my brothers and sisters of the secret community known as No-Love, is wish you many happy gatherings when you are satisfied in the knowledge that you have destroyed the will power and self esteem of those of lesser rank. Drink a shot of strong liquor in honor of my absence. My spirit is with you all, kick ass and take names my fellow members of the Order of the Mahogany Bar.

Today’s Bill:
When griping grief the heart doth wound,
and doleful dumps the mind opresses,
then music, with her silver sound,
with speedy help doth lend redress.
William Shakespeare

Quote of the Day:
As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no man objected and no man rebelled, those wrongs would last forever.
Clarence Darrow

I remain, every so humble:

JQP