Thursday, March 16, 2006

No Love Thursday:

Thought for the Day:
A scholar's ink lasts longer than a martyr's blood. Irish proverb

_39902518_shanemagowan
I would like to dedicate today and most of tomorrow to Mr. Shane MacGowan, who’s sage like lyrics and clear vision have had a dramatic impact on the man I am today.

On throwing my body off the Wagon:
Irish sign
Just a few short hours and I will be in the company of my fellow travelers. With a tentative start time of 8am, at the "Amphibian" Pub, 10:00 the Rugby Bar, followed by at 4:00 My Favorite Bar, (Note: the schedule is subject to change as are the durations of drinking time at each site).

Irish rugby hit
For us Irish Catholics it’s a time to see old friends, catch up, get into a fist fight, buy each other shots, and wake up the next morning forgetting you ever saw them until the photos come back a week later.

I will be in the company of my loving and bird like wife, distinguished members of the Rugby team, the media (print, radio & TV) the local constabulary, the fire services, also the medical and judicial fields. Dear friends, one and all.

A day for deep pockets and strong livers if there ever was one. Truth be known, my flower has already been asked to sing at two bars not on the tour, so she might go off and make me some money, she has a voice like an angel when it comes to Irish songs, She even learned a new one this year, it’s a happy one where only 2 people die.

Your Mail Order Brides for the Week:
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=rata77
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=aegeria
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=metisse99
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Jana_7 (my fav.)
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=bigheart
(what do you think her story is)

Posts:
Irish
I will not be posting on Friday. After the shakes have subsided and I am able to form coherent sentences, I will endeavor to up-date you the reader on what promises to be a pub crawl to remember.

Your Drinks for the Day:
tray guy
(Going with an Irish Theme)

Irish Snack Food:
1 shot each Bushmills, John Powers, Tullamore Dew, (repeat if nessary)

Three Square meals:
3 Pints of Guinness (you may substitute 6 Harp’s, which is my personal preference).

(It is after all a feast day.)

Your Hairy Picture for the Week:
vintagehairywomen

Today's Bill:
"Thou art a votary to fond desire."
From The Two Gentlemen of Verona (I, i, 52)

Quote of the Day:
An Irishman is the only man in the world who will step over the bodies of a dozen naked women to get to a bottle of stout. Anonymous

I remain, responsible for the cultural stereotypes associated with the Irish:

John Q. O'Public