Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Happy First Day of Spring:

Thought for the Day:
Criticism is prejudice made plausible.
Menchin

poop
(Just a little clue as to how my week is shaping up.)

From Friday till Now:
Some much awaited up dates; well folks I would tell you more abut my St. Paddy’s Day, but I can’t remember. I kind of lost track of who, what and when around 6:45PM along with my fine motor skills soon after. Let’s just say that no charges were pressed and like a wounded dog, I am still licking my wounds.

I dear reader, am getting to old to drink from 8AM till 10PM and don’t really think I will be doing so next year. There comes a time when all traditions must end. This I think is one of them as far as it concerns me. Maybe 4 to 10, or something, but not the long-haul-hard-charge.

Suffice to say, I drank at numerous bars, with numerous people, kissed a few girls and punched a few people in the face. I am still hearing stories of my exploits, which we all know is how folk stories are born.

Note to self: don’t drink over two bottles of Rumplemizt (aka JQP Crack). I spent Saturday and Sunday both repenting and recovering from an acute case of alcohol poisoning.

Monday, I returned to work, looking and feeling my very best. A joy to behold. A once again found myself pushed ever so gently in front of a speeding bus. Thankfully, I didn’t give a shit, sucked up and moved on. It's Lent after all. Office politics really suck ass.

I have been doing trainings and writing grants since Monday. You ever have those weeks where it feels like your working underwater, like everything you do takes twice as long with half the results? That dear reader is my week.

Add to that, my loving bride started her period and has been a manic psycho (which if you know my flower can be a dangerous thing), and you have my life story to date. I feel like Nick Cage could play me in a made for TV movie on the Spike Network.

Today's Bill:

SONNET 82
I grant thou wert not married to my Muse
And therefore mayst without attaint o'erlook
The dedicated words which writers use
Of their fair subject, blessing every book
Thou art as fair in knowledge as in hue,
Finding thy worth a limit past my praise,
And therefore art enforced to seek anew
Some fresher stamp of the time-bettering days
And do so, love; yet when they have devised
What strained touches rhetoric can lend,
Thou truly fair wert truly sympathized
In true plain words by thy true-telling friend;
And their gross painting might be better used
Where cheeks need blood; in thee it is abused.

Quote of the Day:
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.
Ayn Rand

I remain, a fucking ray of sunshine, so piss off:

JQP