Monday, January 09, 2006

It Pays to be Flexible:

Thought for the Day:
Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Bertrand Russell, Unpopular Essays (1950)

b_ack_b_ack_b_ack

It was a quiet weekend around the Public household, spent in large part visiting shut-ins, reading our family Bible and knitting socks for the soldiers. That’s my story and I am sticking to it.

However there are a few points I would call attention to. Chiefly, Saturday. On Saturday my loving bride and I took BBG out for her birthday. We enjoyed a fine dinner at a local fish and chop house, after which the ladies adjourned to my favorite bar for some coffee drinks, I myself being the designated driver refrained (yes, me the double D).

Later, we went to the home of OB/GY Kenobi and his kind and loving wife Land O’ Lakes Girl. While there we partook of distilled grains seeped in Peat and played children’s board games. My flower and I then returned to the manor house and turned in early (by early, I mean around 6 am Sunday morning). It was , all in all an enjoyable evening.

The Week Ahead:
I have a few projects I need to get jump started this week, plus toward the end of the week a lot of night hours and road time. I don’t think I will have any down time until at least Saturday next. So, a busy little a beaver I am. Everyone play nice and have a wonderful Monday.

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 52
So am I as the rich, whose blessed key
Can bring him to his sweet up-locked treasure,
The which he will not every hour survey,
For blunting the fine point of seldom pleasure.
Therefore are feasts so solemn and so rare,
Since, seldom coming, in the long year set,
Like stones of worth they thinly placed are,
Or captain jewels in the carcanet.
So is the time that keeps you as my chest,
Or as the wardrobe which the robe doth hide,
To make some special instant special blest,
By new unfolding his imprison'd pride.
Blessed are you, whose worthiness gives scope,
Being had, to triumph, being lack'd, to hope.

Quote of the Day:
If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.
Hermann Hesse

I remain, sleep-walking though others nightmares:

JQP esq.