Friday, January 06, 2006

I just Love kicking it to REO Speedwagon in my Trans Am:

My Son

Thought for the Day:
Men seek but one thing in life - their pleasure.
W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915

A brief re-cap of No-Love-Thursday:
Well children, it was a fun filled No-Love-Thursday. Those in attendance were: Tattoo John, The Bitter red Headed Lady, Pastor Bob, M. Chamberlain News Paper Man, The Dungeon and Dragons Player of the Week, Tiny, Tony 2 Times, Flavia Puff, Roy Rogers, Mrs. JQP and myself, also some virgins, IT-Chic (first time) LL Bean Girl (first time) Punkin-Head (first time).

There were several new events, besides "stump the chump", there was "Pick on JQP" which I might add was a crowd pleaser, there were both a Pan Flute (Zamfir) and a Billy Joel sing along. However the high light of the evening was the group sing of that cult classic “Little Red Barn”.

Sadly, my suggestion of trading underwear was not well received. We were momentarily distracted by a fundy cult girl who came into our bar and handed out tracks of the Holy Word, sadly she did not wish to debate the true nature of God with Pastor Bob (and IT-Chic wonders why fundys’ freak me out worse than clowns).

The meeting was called to order, and since it was a new year, elections were held, we changed the bi-laws and by unanimous decision M. Chamberlain News Paper Man was re-elected to an unheard of second term as Club President.

33 to you baby
(Prospective NLT members are screened at birth, “33” to you baby.)

Truly, a man of vision, his campaign pledge to start NLT chapters in all of the 48 contiguous states was well received (think of a very drunk President James Garfield). All in all, it was a fun night out among friends.

Today:
I was just informed by my boss that I don’t have to be here today, so guess what; I am not going to be. I have to go get tested as per my knee, which will be fun, “Hey Doc, can you test me for every know form of VD, I think I got it from my knee”.

Your Drinks for the Week:

tray guy

Irish Spring
Drink Ingredients:
1 oz. Orange Juice
1 slice Orange
1 Cherry
1/2 oz. Peach Brandy
1 oz. Irish Whiskey
1 oz. Sweet & Sour mix

Instruction:
Pour all ingredients (except orange slice and cherry) into a collins glass over ice cubes. Garnish with the slice of orange, add the cherry on top, and serve.

Der Zorbatini
Drink Ingredients:
1/4 oz. Ouzo
1 1/4 oz. Stolichnaya Vodka

Instruction:
Prepare like a Martini. Garnish with a green olive.

priceless wedding
(I just love these)

Todays Bill:
"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
--From Macbeth (V, v, 19)

Quote of the Day:
The more laws and order are made prominent,
The more thieves and robbers there will be.
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu

I remain, the pill popping, bourbon smelling, step-mother of your self-esteem:

JQP esq.