Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Random things about my Last two Weeks:

dip stick

1) I am starting to find myself to old to party like a rock star, but for some reason that doesn’t stop me.

2) I (we) have had an impact in peoples lives, positive or negative, I am not to say, but it was heart warming to see how many people were actually excited to see us.

3) I got into the following discussions: War on Drugs = Social Control Program, War in Iraq is going just has it been planed.

4) South Carolina started “The War of Northern Aggression”, and dragged the rest of the south into it.

5) It is nice being in a society that values being polite.

6) Food is better in the South.

7) Most Southerners did not own slaves, the rich did, and your great, great, grandpa did not live on a plantation (the ruling 5% did).

8) The Mexicans are not here to steal your jobs, unless you really wanted to change sheets at the hotel or bus tables.

9) On the coast people can drink, a lot….

10) When my wife gets “real” drunk, there is a good chance she will punch someone and/or take off her clothes, often at the same time.

11) It was good to blow off steam, but some down time would have been ok too.

12) Living life in the fast-lane can leave one’s judgment cloudy.

13) Life is a matter of prospective.

14) Kindness is often over looked.

15) I read four books (big-boy books with no pictures).

16) I met a fellow Blogger, and really had a “kickass” time hanging out with him.

17) Next trip, it’s either to Nova Scotia etc, or out to California, but most likely it will be a mad dash to Memphis for BBQ and visit with J. Thoms. The Jazz Man.

18) Make Love not War, is a good rule to live by.

19) I have the mid-winter blues.

20) I am tired of my fucking knee hurting, but refrain from crying like a little girl.

21) Mountains vs. Ocean, I will take Ocean 100% of the time.

22) 99% of people are inherently good.

23) Women are beautiful, all women, some times you just have to look.

24) My wife is my best friend, really no shit.

25) I have fallen away from the church, I have been witness to “to much man and not enough God” but that seems to be the norm.

26) I am proud of my family and who they have become.

27) I think I am getting fat.

28) I saw more Confederate Flags in KY than the Deep South.

29) I love teaching friends children “The Internationale”
http://home.planet.nl/~elder180/internationale/engels.htm

30) I still know how to field strip a M-16 in under 30 seconds, while under the influence.

31) I don’t like to fish, it bores me.

32) I really love a good cigar, but cheap will do when out drinking.

33) I stop at mom and pop places vs. chain stores, everyone should.

34) I paid 6 dollars for 10 pounds of sweet potatoes along the side of the road in the Low Country.

35) Hot pickled eggs go with everything.

36) I now know more about slave pottery and its current market value, than I ever dreamed I would.

37) I could live on beer and shrimp.

38) Its odd, being somewhere where everyone is a transient.

39) Calabash seafood still sucks.

40) Mostly, you can never go home again, you change, it changes.


JQP esq.