Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Oddly, I find myself glad to be back:

minniepearl_1
(I would like to dedicate today's post to Mini Pearl, a woman who changed my life)

Thought for the Day:
And malt does more than Milton can
To justify God's ways to man.
A. E. Housman

I'm Back....
I like Gen. Douglas Macarthur have returned. I am once again in the overcast flatlands of Indiana, after a too brief respite in the sunny southland. I am of mixed feelings this morning. One, Notre Dame choked last night and two I have a ton of shit to get done this month, add to that I am getting ready to get back on the road. However all in all, I am glad to be getting back into the game.

name_that_song.0

A brief Re-cap of the People and Events that made up my time-off:
I use the word time off, because I always thought vacation was restful, dear reader, mine was far from restful. Let’s just say, I have not partied like that since I was arrested in the Philippines.

my down home bar
It started with Christmas Eve dinner with members of my family after which we hit the open road. During this time we met a few notable people, who I will list: Nolff-with whom I spent a relaxing evening enjoying modern interpretive dance, Miss Ashley-who had both my wife and I over for dinner and fed me a bottle of Kentucky’s finest, and Eric the Viking-who took both my wife and I on a tour of the steamy underbelly of North Myrtle Beach. Also, we renewed friendships with so many that my still pickled brain does not register names.

party pole
For More Details on Nolff’s Night Out see: http://kickassmedia.blogspot.com

MI unit
We traveled from Charlestown, SC to Fort Bragg. NC (I had to visit with some old friends, I however drew the line at a visit to Parris Island, due in large part to the fact that my brides friends scare me) with many stops in between. However, we ate approximately 60 pounds of shrimp and about two hogs, so the food was good.

Upon our return to the Great State of Indiana on New Years we had planed a quite evening in, suffice to say, my bride and I ended up at a Mexican Only club with Tattoo John on New Years Eve. Which was followed by two days of sleep. All in all, it would seem upon reflection that my bride and I needed to blow-off-steam, which we did, granted a bit too much, but now we are a little less emotionally constipated and we didn’t hurt any civilians. Many more details will follow after the statue of limitations has expired in the following states: North Carolina, South By-God Carolina and Indiana and of course as I remember them.

Your Album of the Week:
disturbingalbumcover7

Props to:
Tiny and M. Chamberlain, News Paper Man who kept the appointment with destiny and the weekly NLT meeting. God speed good sirs.

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 62
Sin of self-love possesseth all mine eye
And all my soul and all my every part;
And for this sin there is no remedy,
It is so grounded inward in my heart.
Methinks no face so gracious is as mine,
No shape so true, no truth of such account;
And for myself mine own worth do define,
As I all other in all worths surmount.
But when my glass shows me myself indeed,
Beated and chopp'd with tann'd antiquity,
Mine own self-love quite contrary I read;
Self so self-loving were iniquity.
'Tis thee, myself, that for myself I praise,
Painting my age with beauty of thy days

Quote of the Day:
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
Oscar Wilde

I remain trying to make friends with my liver again:

JQP esq.