Wednesday, December 07, 2005

On Back Rubs and Dead People:

bike_crash

Thought for the Day:
It is an infantile superstition of the human spirit that virginity would be thought a virtue and not the barrier that separates ignorance from knowledge.
Voltaire

The Day at Large:
Today sucks, yes sucks. I once again have insomnia. I have been up and wired like a meth head since 2AM. This can serve, to put anyone in a bad mood. It seems that now about 4 days after taking pain pills my body reacts this way. So, if experience is going to be my guide I have about another two weeks to look forward to of this shit.

Wishing you all my very best. Back in to the world of service to mankind, dear reader, I have grants to write.

Sky Capt. the Last Man to let you Down:
I went out for a drink with Sky Captain, at the Catholic-Democrat Bar. Besides having a heart warming Hallmark card kind of conversation, the young chap sought career guidance. Yes, that’s how desperate he is, asking me for career guidance. It seems that the lad is considering one of two career paths, first joining the Army and flying some bad ass helicopters and blowing shit up, second running for County Coroner.

Yes, no shit, County Coroner. I strongly advised him to go the County Coroner route, hey if he loses the election he can still join then and second he could hire me as a ghost employee (no pun intended).

About half way through the evening we were joined by the always captivating Mrs. JQP, who proceeded to gamble our hard earned dollars away, I mean, who was going to cover the bar tab if she ran us out of money?

Needless to say, my Flower won a tidy sum, more than enough to cover the bar tab and our evening meal. Sky Capt. had to leave a bit earlier than I wanted him to, due to a call from his Ground Control, but all in all it was a rather enjoyable evening, full of mutual admiration and back rubs.

We were home by 6:00pm at which point I was told by my love that “Time and Temp were right” so I was called upon to perform my husbandly duties, not once, not twice, but three times (four, if you count this morning). Shit, I am not 18 anymore.

Your Weekly Bush Bashing:
sad Bush
(What do ya mean I’m dropping in the Poles? I like them hairy sausage eaten folks)

Bill for the Day:
SONNET 61
Is it thy will thy image should keep open
My heavy eyelids to the weary night?
Dost thou desire my slumbers should be broken,
While shadows like to thee do mock my sight?
Is it thy spirit that thou send'st from thee
So far from home into my deeds to pry,
To find out shames and idle hours in me,
The scope and tenor of thy jealousy?
O, no! thy love, though much, is not so great:
It is my love that keeps mine eye awake;
Mine own true love that doth my rest defeat,
To play the watchman ever for thy sake:
For thee watch I whilst thou dost wake elsewhere,
From me far off, with others all too near.

Quote for the Day:
There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.
Malcolm X

I remain, standing my post on the walls of your dreams:

JQP esq.