Thursday, December 01, 2005

From the One Step Forward, Two Steps Back File:

sideshowFULL

It’s No Love Thursday:
And children, that is exactly what I am getting. I just came out of one of those cut 50% of your program services meetings. What a great and wonderful way to start your day. Thusly, I dear reader…I am prepped and primed for some No Love action. Some days I hate my fucking job, today being one of them.

In Other News:
Tattoo John, a chum of mine from my days at Eton, returned to the states after his year long research project studying the sexual habits of Asian women ages 18 to 24. So beside bumming a ride from me and sticking me with the bar tab that I know will ensue, I think I might be in for a rather interesting evening.

Around 3:00 James the Bi-Sexual Bartender is going to pick me up at work and take me to see a 1974 Cadillac convertible that he is trying to sell for 1500 dollars. I tend to think I would look good driving such a luxury vehicle, however my wife thinks the money would be better spent on a trip to Paris (yes, I love the French).

Pastor Bob starts a Blog: http://home.comcast.net/~pastorbobsden/ After several month of making fun of everyone else’s blogs, Pastor Bob drunkenly said he would start his own, behold his, at least its not about kittens or pictures of his children.

Back once more into the pit of despair.

Your Recipe for the Week:

Breaded Corned Beef

Ingredients
1 piece corned silverside, about 4 pound or 2 kg
4 tablespoons vinegar
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup soft breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
½ stick of melted butter

For the Wine sauce
30 g (1 oz) butter
30 g (1 oz) flour
1 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup redcurrant jelly
1 teaspoon coarse ground mustard
Salt and black pepper

How to:

1. Rinse meat, put into a saucepan and just cover with warm water.

2. Add vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar.

3. Slowly bring to the boil, skim surface and simmer, covered, for 2 1/2 hours or until tender.

4. Transfer beef to a greased baking dish.

5. Combine breadcrumbs, remaining brown sugar, parsley and enough melted butter to moisten.

6. Press evenly over fat surface of beef and bake in moderate oven 180-190°C (350-375°F) for 30-40 minutes until crust is golden brown.

7. When cooked place on serving platter and serve with vegetables and Wine Sauce.


For the Wine Sauce
1. Melt the butter, add flour and stir for 2 minutes.

2. Slowly stir in the wine and cook, stirring constantly until almost boiling.

3. Add jelly, mustard, salt and pepper and simmer, stirring until jelly has melted.

4. Pour into a sauce boat


I remain; with just a few loafs of bread and a old fish:

JQP esq.