Friday, November 18, 2005

Looking and feeling my best on a Friday:

Thought for the Day:
Politeness, n. The most acceptable hypocrisy.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
US author & satirist (1842 - 1914)

Make your own Caption:
a boy and his dog
(Sensing an opportunity for quick cash, Teku broght his pet hyena to the village.)

I am on the Road:
North, then West… as a result, I don’t have the time or presence of mind to write a lot. Suffice to say, there were many blogable moments during last evenings NLT celebration. I would at this point, I would like to give Pastor Bob a shout-out, and thank him for the Mexican beverage theme for the evening (rot in hell you prick). I would also this morning, like to thank the rabid cat who must have at some point urinated in my mouth. Yes, children I am looking and feeling my very best.

I invite those of you who were there to describe your favorite moments of the evening, either on your own blogs or in the comment section, those of you who were not there, please feel free to make up your own stories of the nights activity.

In other News:
I have to teach Saturday morning again, so there goes half the day. My bride told me before we went to sleep that she has to work all day Sat. Might have to trek over to BBG’s house for the ND party, but then again I also got invited to the USF game, truth be known, the USF game will be a bit more of a show, the boys just finished their 4th undefeated regular season, first of the national title playoff games and its right here in River City. Also, Tiny is tailgating and can get me in free. But then I don’t like the cold, so who knows.

tray guy

Your Drinks for the Week:

Lactating Black Irish
Ingredients:
2 parts Irish whiskey (Bushmill's Black Bush)
2 parts Kahlua
1 Maraschino cherry
Pour Over Ice cubes
Mixing instructions:
Stir ingredients and let sit for one minute.

Foxy Brown’s Orgasm
Ingredients:
1/4 shot Sloe gin
1/4 shot Blue Curacao
1/4 shot Peach schnapps
1/4 shot Vodka

Black is my heart, so to are the drinks for the week. I had five of these last night. Warning: do not have more than two if you have do things like breathe or get up the next day.

Your Bill for the Day:
A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
As much or more we should ourselves complain.
William Shakespeare

Quote of the Day:
There art two cardinal sins from which all others spring: Impatience and Laziness.
Franz Kafka

I remain, chanting the mantra “Mistakes were made and alcohol was a factor”:

JQP esq.