Monday, November 21, 2005

Juggling for fun and Profit:

Thought for the Day:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!
Theodore Roosevelt

16 b and w

On Friday, I left work around 3 and went home to work on stuff around the house. All, in fact I succeeded in doing was taking a nice long nap. My pretty and kind bride arrived home around 6:30 to a meal of spaghetti and meat balls, garlic bread and Caesar salad. After which we went for a walk and upon returning to the manor, built a fire and enjoyed some tea and a few good books. Such is the wild and action pacted lifestyle of the Family Public on a chilly Indiana Friday.
Saturday, we both had to work in the morning, her promoting some new boy band, myself teaching. My class sucked, it was like talking to a room of zombies, for starters it was a very small class only 6 people. Its find it’s hard to get a small group engaged, 12 to 30 its much easier, you’ll always have someone who cant keep their mouth shut and that at least will get the others talking and asking questions. We got done early, so I went home to await my flower.

When she returned, flushed with success, from a well timed and executed promotion, we adjourned to the abode of Baba Ganouj Girl for the ND game, while listening to the USF game on the radio. M. Chamberlain News Paper Man, proved himself a force to be reckoned with in the kitchen with his secret recipe Meatless Sloppy Joes. Also in attendance were land O’ Lakes Girl and her children. Kids have some really kick ass toys these days, shit all my parents ever gave me to play with was a rock and used razor blade and a sack of old marshmallows.

After the game, my wife and I went unfashionablely shopping at K-Mart. I love K-Mart, it’s the low-brow Walmart. I bought 7 pairs of hunting socks (you know the kind with the hunter orange tops) and a bag of apples. Shopping finished, off we went to the Macedonian Road House, where my loving bride and I were joined by Tiny and the Giant Irishman.

My flower dined on home made chicken and noodles and I on sauerkraut, boiled potatoes and pork roast, dear reader, it was most tasty. We fished it off with some pickled green tomatoes (you can not go there with out eating some form of pickled farm produce.

Sunday morning I went to the early Mass, while my wife sleep in, I assume she found her sleep refreshing, due to the fact that upon my return she called on me to perform my husbandly duties before she would make breakfast. After, such a satisfying morning, I left her company to travel to the hinterlands and spend time with my extended family.

The continuing sage of dividing the personal property of deceased loved ones:
Once again I made the Trek South to the Old-Place and spent Sunday with those of whom I share a partial genetic coding with.

It was the day when all of us were there, thusly we were able to divide up everything. However, not without some hurt feelings along the way. I went from room to room and pointed at something, if they were the only one who wanted it, they got it, and if anyone else wanted it they then had to roll dice, high roll wins.

Now this might seem like a full proof plan, but for several things, most of the family came heavily armed (it's deer season, you know) and my family loves to gamble (a bug, I have not picked-up, thank the Lord, I have enough monkeys on my back). The end result was that they were rolling dice over everything, even at one point mistakenly rolling for a box of trash we had not yet carried to the burn pile. So, what should over taken at most a few hours, took all day.

I however, came up a winner (which, you the avid reader know is my way). I got a new freezer (which I think upset my older sister, who had wanted to give it to her son, even to the point of saying "hey, we will give you a deer, if you give us the freezer", to which I replied, "now, just what in the fuck, am I going to put that deer in, since currently I don’t have a freezer?") 12 beats snake-eyes, the freezer is mine.

I also won: an antique dinning room set, two old oak kitchen tables, a new sofa, those two chairs with the wild floral print that sat in the front room that no one was ever allowed to go into, a bar set, a brass duck (life-size), a spittoon, two pipe racks and 10 pipes, three cardigan sweaters (new), Playboys from the 60’s and 70’s (I like the articles), two coffee tables and commercial mixer, (my loving wife will now learn to bake bread). So, now it’s moving all the stuff from down there to up here and finding room for it.

Today:
I am on the road and then in meetings. Big deal, high power meetings, that will tell me a nature of what my work will be like for the next few years. Got to love reorganization and Federal/State funding streams.

Your Bush Bashing for the Day:
bush head

Your Bill for the Day:
My words fly up, my thoughts remain below.
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.
William Shakespeare

Quote for the Day:
Natural ability without education has more often attained to glory and virtue than education without natural ability.
Cicero

I remain, the Red Headed Step-child at the Family Picnic:

JQP esq.