Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Snaps Back Wash After Wash:

Thought for the Day:
Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience.
Albert Einstein

On Dead Chickens, Vic Marrow and Bi-Laws:
Black and white UFO
(This doesnt have anything to do with anything, but I like the pic, see more proof that the UFO's are really running things.)

Last night after my labors here at the Salt Mine I was talked into going over to my favorite bar for a cocktail by M. Chamberlain “News Paper Man”. Actually talked into isn’t right, he left a message on my truck, the message was a decapitated chicken head with a Post-it note in its little beak, shoved under my windshield wiper that said simply “quit being a puss and come have a beer with me, M.” What was I to do? I went and had a beer with the dear fellow.

M. Chamberlain “News Paper Man” was in a excitable mood, it seems he is getting ready to break a big story that he has been working on since his last big show stopper, proving that Fatty Arbuckle, was indeed innocent.

Vic M
He is currently working on an exposé on the untimely death of the great actor Vic Marrow. It seems the premise he is working under is that Mr. Marrow’s untimely death was in fact an assignation that was carried out by renegade CIA agents at the behest of a as yet un-named big tobacco company. Like me, you’ll have to buy a paper to get the rest of the story. Such is the life of a hard hitting journalist of M. Chamberlain’s caliber.

After assuring him that I wasn’t followed, we enjoyed a few drinks in the company of Joel the Barman who was relaxing on his day off, Joel informed us that he is currently preparing for a trip to the coastal south with his mother and his wife, yes Joel is one of those Jewish men who takes his mother with him everywhere but makes no effort to keep Kosher. He asked me for some must-see sites along the way, which I gladly gave.

It was about this time that the Wheel Chair Pusher (W.C.P.) showed up; trying to recruit us into a helping with an event she is putting together for the local elderly. Being a member in good standing of the No-Love-Thursday drinking club we heard her out before dismissing her and her project, which upset her and caused her to start throwing gang signs and threatening the three of us with drive-by-shootings (she drives a pink Hyundai, which should make her easy to spot), it was at this time however the sweet and elderly loving Mrs. JQP showed up.

Somehow had accidentally turned my cell phone off during the brief walk over to the bar and had thusly missed her repeated attempts to contact me. Oddly, she was calling to suggest that we have a drink after work, since she had a pocket full of money after selling some plasma at that place down by the bus station, so it all worked out.

Mrs. JQP being a community minded soul insisted that we give W.C.P. a fair hearing and as a result decided that the NLT crew will now in fact be helping out with her project. I think that there we two key factors that played into this decision, one being that we would get T-shirts provided that said No-Love-Thursday and second that M. Chamberlain promised we could make the front page of the Metro section.

Soon after that, we realized that we had in fact a quorum of the founders of NLT, this brought about the discussion of us needing to actually sit down and draft some by-laws, which we proceeded to do on countless bar coasters. This group of close knit professionals is nothing if not visionary.

They see the "No-Love-Thursday Drinking Club and Mutual Aid Society" becoming the Masonic Lodge for a new century or as Mrs. JQP said at least as big as Jimmy Buffet. The first rule we established was that all meetings on developing No-Love-Thursday bi-laws must be held on Tuesdays, other than that it is still an ongoing project, I will entertain suggestions from you the reader on bi-laws etc.

On Mrs. JQP and fashion:
Being true to the adage the what’s old is new, Mrs., JQP decided to start a little social experiment (I think the fact that she was on her fourth Corona might have played into this) she pegged her jeans and subsequently made everyone else in the bar who was wearing jeans peg theirs as well. I should note that there was a large group of male fashion professionals who are in the employ of the GAP present. They loved the idea. Bringing back rolled-up cuffed-pegged jeans is the next new old thing. It should be interesting to see how this turns out.

On Dreams:
I slept last night, like a rock, which in my world is cause for celebration. However I had a dream that I had banished the Devil and his very obese wife, from a split level home replete with pool in sunny southern California. However, Old Scratch came to the door and said I had until 5:00 PM to give him his 9 cases of Pepsi that he had left there. It was at this point in the dream I went to the refrigerator to look for his Pepsi (don’t worry, I had no intention of giving it to him) and found it full of Mello-Yellow, however it did also contain four bottles of Mad Dog 20/20. I then picked up one of the bottle opening it; I went back outside, seeing the Devil, I made the Sign of the Cross with the wine. Which made the Devil laugh, he said to me “you fucking idiot, I was there, that shit doesn’t work on me”. It was at this time I woke-up, odd dream eh what?

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 70
That thou art blamed shall not be thy defect,
For slander's mark was ever yet the fair;
The ornament of beauty is suspect,
A crow that flies in heaven's sweetest air.
So thou be good, slander doth but approve
Thy worth the greater, being woo'd of time;
For canker vice the sweetest buds doth love,
And thou present'st a pure unstained prime.
Thou hast pass'd by the ambush of young days,
Either not assail'd or victor being charged;
Yet this thy praise cannot be so thy praise,
To tie up envy evermore enlarged:
If some suspect of ill mask'd not thy show,
Then thou alone kingdoms of hearts shouldst owe.

Quote of the Day:
It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one's dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent.
W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915

I remain, the Turettes Syndrome of your soul:

JQP esq.